Bode Miller rides a unicycle

Old May 26th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Bode Miller rides a unicycle

2004's Overall World Cup ski champion Bode Miller trains on a uni in the
off season. I finally found a (very short) video clip of him riding
one. Go to http://www.flyingdownhill.com/flash/index.html
to view a trailer of a video he's selling. The trailer is fairly
lengthy but you might want to watch it nonetheless. Bode is an
incredibly immature athlete with more talent than anyone else in the
world of ski racing. He can't open his mouth without inserting his
foot but he's a joy to watch when he's on top of his game. I'm glad to
see he appreciates the advantages of one-wheeling it.

--
patmoore

MY GALLERY (\"HTTP://TINYURL.COM/MHCHU\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
patmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7356

Old May 26th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Bode is the best skier i have ever seen, he should definatly try to stay
away from the press though... someone mentioned that he rode a while
back. Herman Maier does too I think...

--
THE dave

Toast
dave

psychoteledave2(at)hotmail(dot)com
Team Yams

- last edited by james_potter on 2005-10-5 at 3:58pm

last edited by unitik908 on 2005-09-06 at 04:12 am

last edited by forrestunifreak on 2005-09-09 at 03:51 am-
THE dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9259

Old May 26th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I forget his name but *the* skiing guru (skiers will know who I am
talking about, apparently hes the Kris Holm of skiing) strongly
recommended unicycling as an offseason workout because it strongly
benefits core strength, leg strength and balance (all big in skiing).

I reckon theres a lot of skier-unicyclists.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old May 26th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
I know nothing about skiing except for my previous post.

That's chill, theres just too many Kris Holms of skiing to guess...

Old May 27th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

THE dave wrote:
Bode is the best skier i have ever seen, he should definatly try to stay
away from the press though... someone mentioned that he rode a while
back. Herman Maier does too I think...

I wasn't aware that The Herminator rode a uni. Makes sense though. I
think Daron Rahlves has logged some time on one. I've met him on a few
occasions and will probably see him at Steamboat next winter. I'll
ask him.

I got into unicycling (after a long absence) to strengthen my quads for
snowboard racing and obviously to help with my balance.

Old May 27th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

After unicycling, fencing is a breeze on my quads. I was keeping up with
the ROTC boys in fencing club no problem. I got quite a kick out of
that since I'm an almost over the hill mom!!

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

Old May 27th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
I forget his name but *the* skiing guru (skiers will know who I am
talking about, apparently hes the Kris Holm of skiing) strongly
recommended unicycling as an offseason workout because it strongly
benefits core strength, leg strength and balance (all big in skiing).

I reckon theres a lot of skier-unicyclists.

It's possible you're speaking of Andrew McLean, a
gnarliest-of-the-gnarly ski mountaineer with many first descents to his
credit. 'Here's his website.' (http://www.pawprince.com/). I have an
excellent book he wrote, describing and rating all the chutes in the
Wasatch Mtns. in Utah, called '\"The Chuting Gallery\"'
(http://tinyurl.com/j6ula)

In that book there's a quote to the effect of "It's a real kick skiing
a chute and passing technical ice climbers on their way up the same
pitch".

He was the subject,of 'this thread'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40256) and also a
poster in it under the user-name "Unified".

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Old October 7th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DocSnowMan

Im actually writing a paper about how unicycling is the perfect training
tool for skiing for my ski conditioning final and i could actually use
some personal testimonies if you guys wouldnt mind. i started
unicycling when i took up telemark skiing and my parents started getting
annoyed at me complaining my thighs hurt after a day at the mountain.
now i do it all the time, for fun and as the perfect exercise.

--
DocSnowMan

Bode Miller Marty Racing 1 January 28th 06 06:20 PM
unispotting: darwin rides unicycle on SNL Gilby Unicycling 1 January 15th 06 05:09 AM
Ellen DeGeneres rides a unicycle? jagur Unicycling 0 September 21st 05 05:23 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) unicycle6869 Unicycling 0 August 29th 05 03:19 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 July 7th 05 05:34 PM