First ride with new shoe / pedal system

Old May 23rd 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Myron Hobson

Default First ride with new shoe / pedal system

wrote:
Would one's feet get sore earlier b/c of a smaller surface area of
these compared to Look style pedals?

I use egg beaters and candies with the same shoes and don't have
problems with either. (low-end shimano mountain shoes, btw)
\\paul
Old May 24th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pete Derkowski

Here's a link to the Candy on sale for $42.99.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...r%20Web%20Sale

This is a timely post for me - I got back into cycing last fall, bought a
trek pilot, without clipless pedals since I didn't know anything about them.
Problem is, I still don't - went to the local cycle chop here and they were
not much help... they sell what they sell and they don't know anything else
it seems.

So I was about to post a general Q on where do I find some info on the types
of cleats and pedals... and ask for suggestions on one vs. the other.

Anyone know of an informative site that goes through it?

Pete Derkowski (just got my 1st jersey today - SHREK from Nashbar and can't
wait to try it out)

"Just A User" wrote in message
No question here, just my unbiased opinion. Recessed cleat shoes and Crank
Brother pedals rock. I just bought a pair or Cannondale mountain / touring
shoes and Crank Brother Candy pedals. And they are much more to my liking.
The shoes feel a bit more like a sneaker, and the recessed cleat walkable
design feels better on my feet than my road shoes with look style cleats.
The Crank Brother pedals feel a bit different clipping in, but just about
the same unclipping as the look pedals.

Ken

Old May 24th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Just A User

Pete Derkowski wrote:
Here's a link to the Candy on sale for $42.99.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...r%20Web%20Sale

This is a timely post for me - I got back into cycing last fall, bought a
trek pilot, without clipless pedals since I didn't know anything about them.
Problem is, I still don't - went to the local cycle chop here and they were
not much help... they sell what they sell and they don't know anything else
it seems.

So I was about to post a general Q on where do I find some info on the types
of cleats and pedals... and ask for suggestions on one vs. the other.

Anyone know of an informative site that goes through it?

Pete Derkowski (just got my 1st jersey today - SHREK from Nashbar and can't
wait to try it out)

Well here is a little info from Sheldons site:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_cl.html#clipless

You can surf sheldons site for more info. Thats where I usually look
first when I want to know about a piece of hardware.

Ken