Interesting bikes at the Target website.

Old May 23rd 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

Default Interesting bikes at the Target website.

On May 22, 7:46 pm, SMS wrote:
landotter wrote:
I'm about to take my "lady" out for a spin into the city and back.
She's a more modern '76, but looks brand new from a few feet. With
alloy rims, good tires, and replacing those &%$@ self adjusting brake
levers, you end up with a great city ride. Mine still has the standard
70s Pletscher rack. All I need is a disco shirt. Hub shifts
flawlessly with a few drops of Castrol each month. North road bars and
block pedals are way under rated. Raleigh style handlebar grips are
way *over rated*, I gotta pick up some Ritchey grips for this thing
one day. Ouch.

I had a 1976 Columbia 3 speed "English Racer." Purchased from Woolco,
Woolworth's attempt at big-box discount department stores. I gave it to
my brother, and it's still in his garage. Whenever I go back to Florida
I see it there. Still working fine. Probably has had well over 50 miles
put on it in the last 30 years, most of them by me, on visits. The
mechanical odometer/speedometer I put on it still works.

Probably worth a pretty penny on eBay, I reckon. The term "English
Racer" always makes me snort. Mine's something like 40# and I'd not
trust that SA hub to riding while standing.

Who bought the Columbia name? I still see Columbia bikes at Sports
Authority.

Might well be Pacific, but I don't see them listed on the site. I know
they're building bikes for Sports Authority, though. Perhaps
"Columbia" is an in-house brand?

http://www.pacific-cycle.com/brands/

Interesting bikes at the Target website. landotter General 59 May 25th 07 09:34 PM
Interesting Bikes Rich General 1 June 17th 06 12:41 PM
Interesting post on gas prices and bikes Andy Gee General 219 August 27th 05 05:47 PM
Interesting cycling website Buck General 2 August 21st 04 05:03 AM
Interesting web site about heavily customised bikes David S. Maddison Australia 24 September 8th 03 06:34 AM