I love my new Brompton

Old September 12th 03, 10:55 PM
Hedgehog & Markarina

Default I love my new Brompton

......de-lurking.....

Just moved to a new job in London, and now have to go from Kings Cross to
Park Lane. Bus along Oxford Street takes ages and ages....so after 2 days I
decided a folding bike was a necessity.....

.....found a Brompton in LBS.....it's FAB :-) Fun to ride, easy to fold and
take on the train, has got me introduced to lots of people at the new job as
they ask about it......

I love my Brompton

(there, said it, hopefully to a bunch of people who won;t think I'm
completely barmy)

Cheers, Hedgohog

......re-lurk......

Old September 12th 03, 11:00 PM
clarky44

Originally posted by Hedgehog & Mark .....de-lurking.....

Just moved to a new job in London, and now have to go from Kings Cross
to Park Lane. Bus along Oxford Street takes ages and ages....so after 2
days I decided a folding bike was a necessity.....

....found a Brompton in LBS.....it's FAB :-) Fun to ride, easy to fold
and take on the train, has got me introduced to lots of people at the
new job as they ask about it......

I love my Brompton

(there, said it, hopefully to a bunch of people who won;t think I'm
completely barmy)

Cheers, Hedgohog

Glad you have taken the plunge. I have been thinking about a folding
bike myself but don't know what the optimum commute is. Think I may have
a look at the website.

The toe is definitely in the water!

Steve

--
In the land of the blind the one eye'd man is king.

Take of the name of a famous Scottish relative for my email address

Old September 13th 03, 01:32 PM
David Hansen

On 13 Sep 2003 07:50:13 +0950 someone who may be clarky44
wrote this:-

Glad you have taken the plunge. I have been thinking about a folding
bike myself but don't know what the optimum commute is. Think I may have
a look at the website.

I hope the A to B Magazine web site is on your list of places to
visit as it has a good comparison of the various types. For town use
the Brompton is considered the best http://www.atob.org.uk by many
people.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.
Old September 14th 03, 05:29 PM
Peter Clinch

Hedgehog & Markarina wrote:

I love my Brompton

(there, said it, hopefully to a bunch of people who won;t think I'm
completely barmy)

Certainly not, mine quickly moved up to "however did I do without it?"
status. Have you got the front pannier? Makes a fab bike even fabber...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old September 15th 03, 09:38 PM
Hedgehog & Markarina

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Hedgehog & Markarina wrote:

I love my Brompton

(there, said it, hopefully to a bunch of people who won;t think I'm
completely barmy)

Certainly not, mine quickly moved up to "however did I do without it?"
status. Have you got the front pannier? Makes a fab bike even fabber...

Pete.

Not yet....it's on order from LBS....this evening cycling to Kings Cross
there was a train of 4 Bromptons so I had a good look at their front
panniers at the traffic lights! The others were very impressed by it too, so
I'm looking forward to losing the rucksack!

Cheers, Hedgehog

Love my Santa Crud TJ Mountain Biking 10 June 21st 04 04:53 PM
Thinking of getting a Brompton... Pyromancer UK 10 July 25th 03 09:33 AM