"Bike Post" Stamp

Old February 6th 06, 04:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default "Bike Post" Stamp

::dom:: Wrote:
Something like this

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthr...46#post2556046

Thanks Dom, that sure is sweet! This thread is making me reconsider a
idea I had last year for YarraBUG membership/newsletters, ie: via bike
mail within the local area.

--
cfsmtb

Old February 6th 06, 04:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb Wrote:
Thanks Dom, that sure is sweet! This thread is making me reconsider a
idea I had last year for YarraBUG membership/newsletters, ie: via bike
mail within the local area.

Trying to post pic... testing...

|Filename: PAR VELO2.jpg |
|Download: http://www.cyclingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5091|

::dom::

Old February 6th 06, 04:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:

Something like this

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthr...46#post2556046

Thanks Dom, that sure is sweet! This thread is making me reconsider a
idea I had last year for YarraBUG membership/newsletters, ie: via bike
mail within the local area.

Was just thinking about this. We might know what this means but wouldn't
Mr and Mrs Average just assume it was delivered by Aus Post worker on
bicycle (do they still use them?).

DaveB
Old February 6th 06, 04:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"DaveB" wrote in message
u...
cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
Something like this

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthr...46#post2556046

Thanks Dom, that sure is sweet! This thread is making me reconsider a
idea I had last year for YarraBUG membership/newsletters, ie: via bike
mail within the local area.

Was just thinking about this. We might know what this means but wouldn't
Mr and Mrs Average just assume it was delivered by Aus Post worker on
bicycle (do they still use them?).

DaveB

A friend of mine who has just recently ceased being a postie says they're
phasing them out. Posties can apparently cover significantly more ground on
the CT110s. Still, if the Averages assume that it was delivered by a postie
on a bicycle, it's still a reminder that not all bikes are toys.

Old February 6th 06, 04:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB Wrote:
Was just thinking about this. We might know what this means but
wouldn't
Mr and Mrs Average just assume it was delivered by Aus Post worker on
bicycle (do they still use them?).

DaveB

Good point... but then it's still "par vélo". Maybe it's up to us to
educate the people that we're sending things to about the delivery
method. I think the concept is brilliant... anyone know a bike friendly
printer who'll run off a few thousand sheets or rolls... I still like
the paperless rubber stamp too.

--
::dom::

Old February 6th 06, 09:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle

::dom:: wrote:
... anyone know a bike friendly
printer who'll run off a few thousand sheets or rolls... I still like
the paperless rubber stamp too.

A self-inking stamp would probably cost only $30 or so, and you can
refill them when they run dry.

A non-self-inking stamp probably costs half that.

(Last time I checked was in Adelaide a few years ago, though).

michael.

"Bike Post" Stamp HughMann Australia 17 February 6th 06 04:48 AM
Southern Railway "bike ban" survey Brightonian UK 25 January 12th 06 10:29 PM
Southern Railway "bike ban" survey Brightonian UK 5 January 1st 06 06:15 PM
Anyone in Melbourne got a "bike trainer" rig with power indicator? Russell Lang Australia 2 August 22nd 05 10:17 PM