Even motorcycle riders have no helmets.

Old June 3rd 11, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Even motorcycle riders have no helmets.

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

Old June 3rd 11, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:05:16 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

Of course it is quite safe.

Why not ask if they will give you a lift?

Oh the joys of a Simple holiday.
--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old June 3rd 11, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/
Old June 3rd 11, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jun 3, 9:10*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:05*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.
Old June 3rd 11, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 03/06/2011 21:33, Squashme wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:10 pm, Simon wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:05 pm, Simon wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.

Modern technology, eh?

It offers so many choices.

Not many of us post to Usenet from foreign holidays though.

Old June 3rd 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jun 3, 9:33*pm, Squashme wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:10*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

On Jun 3, 9:05*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.

Yes, when I saw them I thought that Judith would be getting her green
Biro out and writing to the Slovene UK embassy pointing out how
dangerous their laws were.
Also Cheerless and Meds will be wondering where his number plate was.

--
Simon Mason

Old June 3rd 11, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jun 3, 9:10 pm, Simon *wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:05 pm, Simon *wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.

Modern technology, eh?

It offers so many choices.

Not many of us post to Usenet from foreign holidays though.

"Wish you were here!" Oh you are. Saves on stamps, I suppose. And this
stops Judith moping.
Old June 3rd 11, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jun 3, 9:10 pm, Simon *wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:05 pm, Simon *wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.

Modern technology, eh?

It offers so many choices.

Not many of us post to Usenet from foreign holidays though.

"Wish you were here!" Oh you are. Saves on stamps, I suppose. And this
stops Judith moping.- Hide quoted text -

I'm having to hang outside my hotel room's balcony in the rain to get
a wireless signal. :-)
Beats bloody CNN on the TV though.

--
Simon Mason
Old June 3rd 11, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Jun 3, 9:05*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

A really Simple Saddo holiday.

Old June 3rd 11, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Jun 3, 9:10 pm, Simon *wrote:
On Jun 3, 9:05 pm, Simon *wrote:

Walking around downtown Ljubljana today I saw this scene.

A two up motorbike and moped rider sans helmet.

Don't these "Yugoslavs" know how dangerous it is - has the nanny state
not reached Slovenia?

--
Simon Mason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/009rgb.jpg/

Gosh it must be almost like having Judith on holiday with you. The
wonders of modern technology.

Modern technology, eh?

It offers so many choices.

Not many of us post to Usenet from foreign holidays though.

"Wish you were here!" Oh you are. Saves on stamps, I suppose. And this
stops Judith moping.- Hide quoted text -

I'm having to hang outside my hotel room's balcony in the rain to get
a wireless signal. :-)

"Having to" - says it all.

It really is a pity that these foreign countries do not have such things as
museums, theatres, cafes, bars and restaurants isn't it.

Is your wife enjoying the television programmes?

What a really Simple holiday.