Helmet Needed in Caltrain Bike Car--Proves Frank is right about Helmetsbeing Necessary on Transit.

Old July 8th 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Helmet Needed in Caltrain Bike Car--Proves Frank is right about Helmetsbeing Necessary on Transit.

This morning I went downstairs as the train neared San Francisco but I
could not get to my helmet which was hanging on the handlebars four
bikes in from the aisle.

As I waited for the train to arrive, someone from the upstairs seats
dropped their Samsung phone which hit me in the head then bounced onto
the floor. So Frank should add "falling smart phones on trains" to his
"danger danger" schtick.

I may want to hire Jay's firm to do a personal injury lawsuit.
Old July 8th 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 10:54:50 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
This morning I went downstairs as the train neared San Francisco but I
could not get to my helmet which was hanging on the handlebars four
bikes in from the aisle.

As I waited for the train to arrive, someone from the upstairs seats
dropped their Samsung phone which hit me in the head then bounced onto
the floor. So Frank should add "falling smart phones on trains" to his
"danger danger" schtick.

I may want to hire Jay's firm to do a personal injury lawsuit.

Dude, we defend those types of suits. I would be taking your deposition and getting the video from the Samsung phone -- which would probably show you picking up the phone and beating yourself in the head in the hopes of getting a big pay out.

By the way, I have never been hit in the head with a cell phone or phone of any kind. You are obviously doing something wrong. I suggest that you purchase Phone Craft, the seminal six-volume treatise on proper phone use and the prevention of phone-related injuries. It changed my life. I'm now a Phone Craft certified instructor.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 8th 15, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 7/8/2015 1:54 PM, sms wrote:
This morning I went downstairs as the train neared San Francisco but I
could not get to my helmet which was hanging on the handlebars four
bikes in from the aisle.

As I waited for the train to arrive, someone from the upstairs seats
dropped their Samsung phone which hit me in the head then bounced onto
the floor. So Frank should add "falling smart phones on trains" to his
"danger danger" schtick.

Astute readers will note that it's Mr. Scharf (AKA sms) who's claiming
one should wear a helmet while riding a train. Not surprisingly, I've
never worn a train helmet.

At least Scharf's consistent. He's also the one who said road cyclists
need helmets and upward-aimed headlights to protect against dangerous
low-hanging tree limbs.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 8th 15, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 8:20:12 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/8/2015 1:54 PM, sms wrote:
This morning I went downstairs as the train neared San Francisco but I
could not get to my helmet which was hanging on the handlebars four
bikes in from the aisle.

As I waited for the train to arrive, someone from the upstairs seats
dropped their Samsung phone which hit me in the head then bounced onto
the floor. So Frank should add "falling smart phones on trains" to his
"danger danger" schtick.

Astute readers will note that it's Mr. Scharf (AKA sms) who's claiming
one should wear a helmet while riding a train. Not surprisingly, I've
never worn a train helmet.

At least Scharf's consistent. He's also the one who said road cyclists
need helmets and upward-aimed headlights to protect against dangerous
low-hanging tree limbs.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I don't know if Scharfie said any of that but the likelihood is that Franki-boy is making it up out of thin air; heKrygowski s simply not a reliable witness.

But I certainly said, several times, that round headlamps on bicycles light up low-flying branches on the lanes that can hit an upright-riding cyclist in face if he can't see see. Look up the early discussion of the beam pattern of BUMM's Cyo lamps, and you will see me make the point and the usual busboys being outraged by the very idea of anyone questioning BUMM's wisdom..

Of course Krygowski denies there are any low branches on trees. He lives in a Wonderland Inside His Head, Contained Only By His Hairnet, which is why so much idiocy leaks out. Now, if he wore a helmet, his brains would have stayed inside and he wouldn't now be [censored in the interest of decency]

Old July 8th 15, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

On 7/8/2015 1:54 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

The inability to recognize sarcasm can be a symptom of an underlying
medical problem.

--
duane
Old July 8th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On 7/8/2015 1:54 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

The Wonderland Syndrome, we call it in one of my professions. Typically, we find sufferers wandering around someone else's d-d-d-danger- dangerous (!) workplace without the regulated protection clothing and gear because they believe they're Dancing in Wonderland. Now, if someone will only succeed in explaining to Krygowski that the roads are the workplace of truck drivers....

More than finding a cure for the Wonderland Syndrome, which I find amusing, I'm concerned with the spellchecker changing my "bumboys" to busboys, and the hairnet, which I said has let all Krygowski's brains escape into Wonderland, into the helmet I want him to wear instead to cover up all the empty space. The spellchecker is ahead of common sense every time! Bit disconcerting, that.

Andre Jute

PS I know this is an amusing thread, but to throw a bone to political correctlness, the failure to recognize social indicators like sarcasm is a bloody great big pointer to a lack of empathy, which in extreme usually results in sociopathic behavior.
Old July 8th 15, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

The inability to recognize sarcasm can be a symptom of an underlying problem.
If pursued beyond common decency, rational behavior, tact, good form, intelligence expected from the upper classes....
Old July 8th 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 5:48:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The inability to recognize sarcasm can be a symptom of an underlying problem.
If pursued beyond common decency, rational behavior, tact, good form, intelligence expected from the upper classes....

WHY is sms removing helmet riding in train ? wudseam having helmet .....onewuwear helmet...selfconcious ?
Old July 9th 15, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 6:21:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 5:48:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The inability to recognize sarcasm can be a symptom of an underlying problem.
If pursued beyond common decency, rational behavior, tact, good form, intelligence expected from the upper classes....

WHY is sms removing helmet riding in train ? wudseam having helmet .....onewuwear helmet...selfconcious ?

say can we have a photo of SMS wearing helmet and tights on the train ?