'04 cannondale f300 frame sizing

Old July 18th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road

Default '04 cannondale f300 frame sizing

hi all.

I recently discovered a crack in the head tube of my current bike and
would like to purchase a used one to replace this frame in a pinch
until i can get the money together for a new bike next season. i know
it's not ideal, but someone local is selling a 2004 cannondale f300 in
the "large" frame size. i'm not sure if this might be a hair too big
for me. i'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam.

anyone happen to know what a "large" equates to in frame inches on a
2004 f300? cannondale's site wasn't much help.

thanks a lot!

Old July 23rd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.off-road
Theodore Kaplan

From my own experience, plus what I've been told by experts, Cannondale
frames tend to run on the small size. I'm 6'0 and find my f300 too cramped
for my legs. So if you can get a larger frame I'd do so. A "large" frame
is considerably shorter wheel to wheel than my 20" Kona.
oups.com...