Boonen Again

Old September 8th 04, 08:36 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Boonen Again

Boonen wins number 22 of the season.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20040908_185400Dev.html

--
Peloton Pigs--Flying Since 1991

Old September 8th 04, 09:03 PM
Bart Van Hoorebeeck

"B. Lafferty" schreef in bericht
news
Boonen wins number 22 of the season.

He dealt with several attacks and some fast guys in the lead group all by
himself.

A far better 'show' than Ale "my teammates must convince me to contest the
sprint" Jet.

Old September 9th 04, 03:44 AM
Boyd Speerschneider

"Bart Van Hoorebeeck" wrote in news:EAJ%c.240688$2u6.12427388
@phobos.telenet-ops.be:

He dealt with several attacks and some fast guys in the lead group all by
himself.

A far better 'show' than Ale "my teammates must convince me to contest the
sprint" Jet.

You can't argue with his results... 15 grand tour stage wins last year.

-Boyd S.
fan of Alessandro "Tom who? Oh, that guy in my rear view..." Petacchi

ps. Its nice to see jingoism is alive and well in Belgium.
Now I don't feel so embarassed to be from the United States.

Old September 9th 04, 03:53 AM
Davide Tosi

"Bart Van Hoorebeeck" wrote:

"B. Lafferty" schreef in bericht
news
Boonen wins number 22 of the season.

He dealt with several attacks and some fast guys in the lead group all by
himself.

A far better 'show' than Ale "my teammates must convince me to contest the
sprint" Jet.

The Ale-Jet show is on the important theaters, in the Broadway of cycling.
Boonen exhibits in peripheric stages against curtain-raiser performers.

There's only one show that is the real deal.

Old September 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Chris

"Bart Van Hoorebeeck" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" schreef in bericht
news
Boonen wins number 22 of the season.

He dealt with several attacks and some fast guys in the lead group all by
himself.

A far better 'show' than Ale "my teammates must convince me to contest the
sprint" Jet.

Has that turned chronic or is that a reference to last year?

Old September 9th 04, 07:31 AM
Van Hoorebeeck Bart

Boyd Speerschneider schreef:

ps. Its nice to see jingoism is alive and well in Belgium.
Now I don't feel so embarassed to be from the United States.

I don't contest that a fit Petacchi is the fastest road race sprinter there is.
I just wanted to question the alleged 'show' aspect of his train victories, and
of his public personality.

Hey but thanks for reading so much into it.

Old September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
Jonathan v.d. Sluis

"Davide Tosi" schreef in bericht
"Bart Van Hoorebeeck" wrote:

"B. Lafferty" schreef in bericht
news
Boonen wins number 22 of the season.

He dealt with several attacks and some fast guys in the lead group all by
himself.

A far better 'show' than Ale "my teammates must convince me to contest

the
sprint" Jet.

The Ale-Jet show is on the important theaters, in the Broadway of cycling.
Boonen exhibits in peripheric stages against curtain-raiser performers.

Stages like G-W and Champs Elysees? Against performers like McEwen?

There's only one show that is the real deal.

There is one show as much as you can say that there is one road.

Jonathan.

Old September 9th 04, 02:57 PM
gym gravity

Davide Tosi wrote:

There's only one show that is the real deal.

This one doesn't count:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour04.ph...ONENPARIGI-001
Old September 11th 04, 01:27 AM
Benjamin Weiner

gym gravity wrote:
Davide Tosi wrote:

There's only one show that is the real deal.

This one doesn't count:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour04.ph...ONENPARIGI-001

Correct. It only counts if Zabel places second. If Zabel isn't
there or places lower than second, it doesn't count.

(apologies to Dan Connelly's new UCI Handicap points system)