More David Clinger coverage

Old March 1st 05, 07:21 PM

Default More David Clinger coverage

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...ml#more_images
Use www.bugmenot.com to get past the registration

Old March 1st 05, 07:54 PM
MagillaGorilla

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...ml#more_images
Use www.bugmenot.com to get past the registration

--------
During a 40-minute telephone interview, Clinger said he got the tattoo
not so much for the appearance but for the acupuncture effect of the
tattoo needles on his face, where his muscles were tense and needed to
be loosened.

--------

Goddamn, Clinger is not right in the head, or face.

Magilla
Old March 1st 05, 07:58 PM
MagillaGorilla

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...ml#more_images
Use www.bugmenot.com to get past the registration

------

Clinger said he hadn't really considered how his facial tattoo would
limit his options in the future.

------

Clinger = retard

Magilla
Old March 1st 05, 10:59 PM

I don't wan't to bag on Clinger, because I admire someone who can get a
Div I gig on his own merits (Festina), but that aricle was straight out
of The Onion...

Setting the Div III tone:

"Reached at his parents' house in Southern California..."

Other Gems:

"His mother, he said, is urging him to remove the tattoo..."

"I read about this stuff in a book why they did it and what they did.
Well, I didn't read it, but I saw the pictures. It's like anything
else, if you want to do it, you do it no matter what."

"He paid $150..."

"=2E..Could cost up to $10,000 to remove..."

"In our shop, there are certain tattoos we will not do. One of them is
tattoos on the face," said Forrest, of Wild Bill's Tattoo in Roseville.
"Most of the people who come in and want it done are younger, and we
know that later on they are going to regret it."

"=2E...the cyclist could serve as an example to youth - of what not to
do."

"If he wants to further his career as a pro cyclist, this was not the
way to do it,"

"Against his fianc=E9e's wishes..."

"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
culture."

Old March 2nd 05, 01:00 AM
MagillaGorilla

[...]

"Against his fiancée's wishes..."

"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
culture."

Clinger is a freakin space cadet. His quotes read like a ****ing satire
on himself. The problem is he doesn't seem to know it.

And he ain't that great of a racer either. He went over to Europe and
may as well have died in terms of getting results.

I don't think riding for Festina is something you really want to tell
others about either....

Magilla
Old March 2nd 05, 03:18 AM
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
oups.com...
"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
culture."

Doesn't know crap about it but he respects it. Perfect example of someone
that would get a full face tatoo.

Old March 4th 05, 06:46 AM
Stewart Fleming

Tom Kunich wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

"He conceded he knows little about the actual Maori tribe and has never
visited the South Pacific, though he says he respects the Polynesian
culture."

Doesn't know crap about it but he respects it. Perfect example of someone
that would get a full face tatoo.

I think he means "iwi".
Old March 5th 05, 03:12 PM
firec3medic