Vino Contract Gossip

Old July 11th 05, 06:38 PM

Default Vino Contract Gossip

From Procycling:

Out of contract with T-Mobile at the end of the season, Vinokourov has
made no secret of the fact that he is being courted by some of the
biggest-name teams in the peloton, including Discovery Channel. On
Saturday, he revealed that, having politely declined to consider offers
from French teams Ag2r and Cofidis, his shortlist is down to two.
"The only team which could make me leave T-Mobile is Discovery
Channel. I'll certainly be making a choice between those two," he
revealed. Vinokourov is of the opinion that "there simply aren't
the prerequisites for hoping to win the Tour [in a French team]."

Old July 11th 05, 07:08 PM
Philo

If Discovery wants Vino, where does that leave Popovych? I wonder if
he's looking around too. He's supposed to be the heir apparent for the
Tour. If Discovery is recruiting another heir apparent, he'd be wise
to consider if he wants to be a domestique in the Discovery tradition,
or a GC leader for another team.

Old July 11th 05, 07:21 PM
danko

Vino is 32 this year and Popo 24. By the time he=B4s in his prime (say
26-27) Vino will be 34-35. Not everybody has capacity of Eki. So, I
don=B4t see any collision of ambitions.

Old July 12th 05, 12:31 AM
Keith

On 11 Jul 2005 10:38:21 -0700, "
wrote:

From Procycling:

Out of contract with T-Mobile at the end of the season, Vinokourov has
made no secret of the fact that he is being courted by some of the
biggest-name teams in the peloton, including Discovery Channel. On
Saturday, he revealed that, having politely declined to consider offers
from French teams Ag2r and Cofidis, his shortlist is down to two.
"The only team which could make me leave T-Mobile is Discovery
Channel. I'll certainly be making a choice between those two," he
revealed. Vinokourov is of the opinion that "there simply aren't
the prerequisites for hoping to win the Tour [in a French team]."

The same could be said about T-Mobile since 1997 !

Old July 12th 05, 02:02 AM
Tom Kunich

"Philo" wrote in message
ups.com...
If Discovery wants Vino, where does that leave Popovych? I wonder if
he's looking around too.

I wish I were as smart as you.

Old July 12th 05, 02:58 AM

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Philo" wrote in message
ups.com...
If Discovery wants Vino, where does that leave Popovych? I wonder if
he's looking around too.

I wish I were as smart as you.

But you are.

Old July 12th 05, 06:17 AM
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Philo" wrote in message
ups.com...
If Discovery wants Vino, where does that leave Popovych? I wonder if
he's looking around too.

I wish I were as smart as you.

But you are.

And so is your average Chimp.

Stage 8: Thank You Vino PanFan Racing 8 July 11th 05 05:20 PM
Vandenbroucke Hopeful to Keep His Contract J-Lo's Protologist Racing 0 May 6th 05 08:30 AM
Armstrong's contract Jet Racing 5 January 12th 05 09:19 PM
Lance sues for bonus Gary Racing 34 September 22nd 04 08:03 PM
Ullrich in breach of contract? Jason Spaceman Racing 15 November 6th 03 03:01 AM