test rode an "Avenir" folding bike today... (rebranded?)

Old May 24th 05, 09:07 PM
C.J.Patten

Default test rode an "Avenir" folding bike today... (rebranded?)

"Avenir" model. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/9r2e4

Tthe first photo is identical to the bike I rode, though the photo appears
mangled (stretched horizontally too much).

Clicking on the photo yields a blowup of a Dahon model. I don't know if this
is just an error or if I rode a rebranded Dahon Impluse. I liked it in any
case.

Can anyone comment on the Avenir? (there seem to be CroMo and Alum models;
cost difference, not weight)

There's little or no info on the web about it & the dealers just know they
buy it from "Diamondback aka: Raleigh Canada" not where it's made.

If it is a rebranded model, at least I could look at the specs for them...

Thanks all - you've already been a world of help already.

Chris - Ottawa, Canada

Old May 24th 05, 09:09 PM
C.J.Patten

I *may* have just answered my own question.

I went to the Dahon site and went back a year.
http://www.dahon.com/2004/impulsed6.htm
The "Avenir" appears to be an Impulse D6.

I'll Google the D6 and see what people have to say about it.
Still looking for YOUR opinions on it though!

Thanks!
Chris