Bullseye rear axle held together how?

Old July 28th 03, 10:32 PM
Brian Plaugher

Default Bullseye rear axle held together how?

On my kids bike, the rear axle (thru a Bullseye hub) loosened up. It
is a 7 speed freehwheel on a 135mm rear. It seems to be held on the
freewheel side by a set screw, and on the other side by nothing. How
do I keep this fella from sliding back and forth? Any hints
appreciated.
brian plaugher
Old July 29th 03, 02:58 PM
Doug Milliken

Bullseye is still in business, but no web site. Call with questions,
order parts, etc. In North America: 1-800-874-0600

Note that "grub screw" is also called "set screw" (depending on country).

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Nick Payne wrote:

There should be an allen-headed grub screw in the collar on each side of the
hub shell. Sometimes the set screws fall out, or if the hub is using
aluminium collars then the threading can strip if the grub screw is
over-tightened.

IAK, so long as the collar on one side is held in position, the QR will hold
the whole thing in place when the wheel is in the frame.

Nick

"Brian Plaugher" wrote in message
m...
On my kids bike, the rear axle (thru a Bullseye hub) loosened up. It
is a 7 speed freehwheel on a 135mm rear. It seems to be held on the
freewheel side by a set screw, and on the other side by nothing. How
do I keep this fella from sliding back and forth? Any hints
appreciated.
brian plaugher

Rear disc brake on 2001 Klein Attitude? Rocketman Mountain Biking 7 January 9th 04 10:18 PM
Rear disc brake on 2001 Klein Attitude? Rocketman Off Road 6 January 9th 04 10:18 PM
Rear Suspension TekBuf Off Road 2 August 25th 03 08:45 PM
Braking Technique asqui Racing 55 July 25th 03 04:16 PM
Replacing cones on 8 speed Campy Record Rear Hub Fredrick Techniques 1 July 15th 03 02:22 PM