Riding in the snow?

Old December 14th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
T.M.C.

Default Riding in the snow?

I couldn't imagine that this could hurt your uni. We got our first snow
of the year and this is the first time I've had a chance to ride in the
snow, so of course there was quite a bit of snow packed on to my uni. Is
there a chance that some water might get where water shouldn't be?

--
T.M.C.

Don’t get discouraged, practice is all it takes. Ride hard, but have
fun
-Shaun Johanneson
Old December 14th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Yeah snow has a way of getting water into every part of your uni, but
the bigger factor might just be the cold. If you keep your uni inside,
the condensation that forms when you bring it in from the cold will
cover every metal part with a thin film of water... The spots that tend
to be troublesome are where your cranks and hub interface, and your
bearings. Keep these greased up as well as any other part that might
rust and you should be good.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old December 14th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I've never had trouble.
I keep my unis outside in the snow all the time.
Riding's cool too.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-So hot! If I was gay, id want an aryan guy, but im not, so I
want a sexy aryan girl.-~Jerrick

-what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to see
him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni

-hinunggbinu!!!-
~JJtheunicycle
Old December 14th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfox001

i went for a snowy ride today...in fact it was a full on blizzard when i
was riding
it was humbling to say the least.
i was coming down this steep ridge and crashed and just slid down the
hill and wouldn't stop

--
zfox001
Old December 14th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Snow riding can be fun!
http://www.unicycling.com/winteruni/

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old December 14th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I think the biggest problem would be salt that is often put on roads and
around town by store owners and such.

The salt will dry out your tire and accelerate rust on any steel parts
it may get on. I'd wipe it down and bring it inside (or garage). I've
heard of people spraying their uni w/ a thin coat of W-D 40 to protect
from rust.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

Riding in snow TheGreenMonster Unicycling 2 February 22nd 08 07:20 PM
Riding in snow 1wheelwonder Unicycling 0 February 22nd 08 10:25 AM
Riding in Snow Badger South General 23 December 15th 03 06:23 PM
Riding in the snow, another way MP General 4 December 15th 03 05:10 PM
Riding in snow asqlerth Unicycling 15 October 19th 03 12:47 AM