The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights forBicycles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 17, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights forBicycles.

On 3/20/2017 1:08 PM, sms wrote:
On 3/19/2017 11:08 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

We need a double-blind study of accident rates where they use 65,536
different combinations of front and rear lumens, flashing and steady,
battery and dynamo powered, performed in 128 different countries, over
ten years, in a variety of lighting conditions.

Until that study has been completed we can't be absolutely certain
whether or not an increase in conspicuity is beneficial to cyclists, so
it makes no sense for cyclists to make themselves more visible.

Let's get the UN to commission this study.

I'd have thought you'd take on the project as a volunteer.

But you really should include those six foot (two meter) bicycle flags
on vertical poles as part of the study. I still don't understand why
the champion of "If it may possibly help" visibility doesn't use them.

Or even better, sell them via his websites. Your competition is killing
you!
http://www.swagbrokers.com/Fiberglas...Pole-181810804

--
- Frank Krygowski