Is ARBR dead?

Old May 22nd 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Is ARBR dead?

On May 21, 11:35 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

No posts to ARBR for several days now. Has ARBR finally bit the dust?

Tom Sherman has taken another one of his many leaves of absence. I could
drag some of the posts from the other cycling newsgroups over here for us
to ponder, but what is the use. This newsgroup died and went to hell
several years ago. I have decided to leave it be. ARBR - RIP!

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Ed, I am loath to advise you that ARBR has indeed died. In fact, it died
sometime ago when Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll, killed it with his
odious posts and interferences. He was aided and abetted by Jim McNamara,

Abetted??? Well you cnat' have it both ways so make up you feeble
mind why dont you. In th past you wrote ... "Jim is an expert in
dealing with criminal vandal trolls as he has had a world of
experience with a particular one who went by the name of Ed Gin. Only
Jim McNamara, I and a very few others ever stood up to this criminal
vandal troll to defend the ARBR cycling newsgroup."

Ed Dolan subscribes to the fanciful notion that a falsehood is every
bit as good as the truth as long as someone is stupid enough to
believe him. Ed Dolan hopes that in repeating a lie long enough, that
perhaps someone will eventually begin to believe him. Repeating an
assertion does not make it anymore true than it was when first
uttered. Introduction of unsubstantiated allegations is a bad habit
of Mr. Dolan's ... one that reveals a flaw in his character and
undermines his credibility. Ed Dolan's lowly opinion of ARBR member's
level of intelligence dictates the degree of credence that ARBR
members should place in the veracity and validity of Ed Dolan's posts.

the most notorious stalker that the world of Usenet has ever known. But Tom
Sherman is most to blame for the death of this newsgroup. He stood by and
let it happen. A brave man dies but once, a coward dies a thousand deaths.

The only one blameless in this entire tale of woe is Ed Dolan the Great. He
is as pure as the driven snow. If only the group had had more like him and
less like the aforementioned, this group would now be the best cycling
newsgroup instead of having died an ignoble death. Nay, not even the Great
Ed Dolan could save the group from itself. ARBR - RIP!

Old May 22nd 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

All anyone has to do to see who is lying is to go to the Google Archives for
ARBR from a couple of years ago and see who was saying what to whom and how
it was being said - and then note how silent Tom Sherman was during the
entire episode. I understand scalawags like Ed Gin and Jim McNamara, but Tom
Sherman remains an eternal mystery to me.

Repeating an
assertion does not make it anymore true than it was when first
uttered. Introduction of unsubstantiated allegations is a bad habit
of Mr. Dolan's ... one that reveals a flaw in his character and
undermines his credibility. Ed Dolan's lowly opinion of ARBR member's
level of intelligence dictates the degree of credence that ARBR
members should place in the veracity and validity of Ed Dolan's posts.

My low opinion of the members of ARBR is well illustrated by posts such as
yours. The only messages I find worth reading are my own - which eternally
confirm My Greatness! Yea, I have become a legend in my own mind.

Old May 22nd 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
bluezfolk

On May 22, 1:41 pm, JimmyMac wrote:
[...]

Finally somebody other than Ed Dolan replied to Ed Dolan. You're
messing up his conversation with himself.
Old May 22nd 08, 10:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"bluezfolk" wrote in message
[...]
Finally somebody other than Ed Dolan replied to Ed Dolan. You're
messing up his conversation with himself.

Wait until I take a Devil's advocate position. That is when I start arguing
with myself. That will drive everyone as crazy as I am, so it is far better
that others get in on the conversation. After all, a little reality never
hurt anything.

Old May 23rd 08, 12:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On May 22, 2:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On May 21, 11:35 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

No posts to ARBR for several days now. Has ARBR finally bit the dust?

Tom Sherman has taken another one of his many leaves of absence. I
could
drag some of the posts from the other cycling newsgroups over here for
us
to ponder, but what is the use. This newsgroup died and went to hell
several years ago. I have decided to leave it be. ARBR - RIP!

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Ed, I am loath to advise you that ARBR has indeed died. In fact, it died
sometime ago when Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll, killed it with his
odious posts and interferences. He was aided and abetted by Jim McNamara,

Abetted??? Well you can't have it both ways so make up you feeble
mind why don't you? In th past you wrote ... "Jim is an expert in
dealing with criminal vandal trolls as he has had a world of
experience with a particular one who went by the name of Ed Gin. Only
Jim McNamara, I and a very few others ever stood up to this criminal
vandal troll to defend the ARBR cycling newsgroup."

Ed Dolan subscribes to the fanciful notion that a falsehood is every
bit as good as the truth as long as someone is stupid enough to
believe him. Ed Dolan hopes that in repeating a lie long enough, that
perhaps someone will eventually begin to believe him.

All anyone has to do to see who is lying is to go to the Google Archives for
ARBR from a couple of years ago and see who was saying what to whom and how
it was being said

I can only presume that you were so bold because you are confident
that no one aould ever follow your advice or I would have cautioned to
to tread softly. Just where do you suppose the quotes ... "Jim is an
expert in dealing with criminal vandal trolls as he has had a world of
experience with a particular one who went by the name of Ed Gin. Only
Jim McNamara, I and a very few others ever stood up to this criminal
vandal troll to defend the ARBR cycling newsgroup." can be found?
Why in the Google Archives for ARBR. That's where and whose words
might they be? Well there yours and stand in utter contradiction of
you unsubstantiated assertion (read LIE) that I aided and abetted Ed
Gin. You really should make a concerted effort not to say things you
cannot prove and not say things that contradict what you have already
written so as not to undermine your credibility and illustrate what a
fool you are. Also in the Goolge Archives for ARBR can be found the
following quote of yours ... "I will stand by every message I have
ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts will require some
explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify everything I have
ever said to anyone." So how do you propose to stand by two
diametrically opposed accounts? Some of your posts require some
explanation for sure, but good luck defending and justifying
incongruous contradiction. The conundrum continues!

Old May 23rd 08, 07:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

Well, that was then, this is now.

Well there yours and stand in utter contradiction of
you unsubstantiated assertion (read LIE) that I aided and abetted Ed
Gin. You really should make a concerted effort not to say things you
cannot prove and not say things that contradict what you have already
written so as not to undermine your credibility and illustrate what a
fool you are.

I hold you responsible for bringing Ed Gin to this newsgroup (ARBR). You
should have kept your squabbles with him confined to emails. After all, you
knew the kind of criminal he was. Why did you inflict him on the group?

Also in the Goolge Archives for ARBR can be found the
following quote of yours ... "I will stand by every message I have
ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts will require some
explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify everything I have
ever said to anyone." So how do you propose to stand by two
diametrically opposed accounts? Some of your posts require some
explanation for sure, but good luck defending and justifying
incongruous contradiction. The conundrum continues!

You have earned for yourself the reputation of a stalker. This supersedes
whatever qualities you may have had in the past.
[...]

Old May 23rd 08, 07:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Bill Z.

"Edward Dolan" writes:

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His headers contain "Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 01:19:39 -0500". Insomnia
perhaps? :-)

Old May 23rd 08, 08:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Bill Z." wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" writes:

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His headers contain "Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 01:19:39 -0500". Insomnia
perhaps? :-)

I keep the oddest hours of anyone in the known universe. I am more often
than not just going to bed when others are just getting up. Except when I go
out of the house to do chores or go for a bike ride I live in a darkened
room with the curtains permanently drawn. I sometime do not know if it is AM
or PM unless I look out the window and I lose all track of the days of the
week. Ever since I was 30 I have lived in an eternity of Saturdays. I scare
myself sometimes when I am not sure of the month, but I never confuse the
seasons. It is always 9 long months of winter here in Minnesota and only 3
short months of summer.

One of these days I am going to go down to my dirt floor basement and hang
myself from the rafters. But I am waiting for my 20 cats to precede me in
death. After all, they depend on me.

Old May 23rd 08, 02:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On May 23, 1:19 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

[...]

that no one would ever follow your advice or I would have cautioned to
to tread softly. Just where do you suppose the quotes ... "Jim is an
expert in dealing with criminal vandal trolls as he has had a world of
experience with a particular one who went by the name of Ed Gin. Only
Jim McNamara, I and a very few others ever stood up to this criminal
vandal troll to defend the ARBR cycling newsgroup." can be found?
Why in the Google Archives for ARBR. That's where and whose words
might they be?

Well, that was then, this is now.

An your NOW contraditcs your THEN

Well there yours and stand in utter contradiction of

you unsubstantiated assertion (read LIE) that I aided and abetted Ed
Gin. You really should make a concerted effort not to say things you
cannot prove and not say things that contradict what you have already
written so as not to undermine your credibility and illustrate what a
fool you are.

I hold you responsible for bringing Ed Gin to this newsgroup (ARBR). You
should have kept your squabbles with him confined to emails. After all, you
knew the kind of criminal he was. Why did you inflict him on the group?

AND, I hold you responsible for backing up what you say. Can you
corroborate what you've asserted with incontrovertible evidence and/or
anything even remotely resembling a logical, well-reasoned
argument? . You subscribe to the fanciful notion that truth is not
half as important as what people believe the truth to be. and in
repeating a LIE long enough, someone will eventually begin to believe
you.

Also in the Goolge Archives for ARBR can be found the

following quote of yours ... "I will stand by every message I have
ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts will require some
explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify everything I have
ever said to anyone." So how do you propose to stand by two
diametrically opposed accounts? Some of your posts require some
explanation for sure, but good luck defending and justifying
incongruous contradiction. The conundrum continues!

You have earned for yourself the reputation of a stalker. This supersedes
whatever qualities you may have had in the past.

Diversion duly noted and expected. A stalker has a solitary virtue
that Ed Dolan, the equal opportunity offender, lacks ... singularity
of focus. Ed Dolan has publicly announced his gratitude for the
attention I have given him. What did he say? "Jim McNamara, you are
my perennial stalker. How would I ever get though the week without you
here to remind me of what a jackass I am."

[...]