that's a lot of racers

Old December 2nd 11, 08:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Default that's a lot of racers

Michael Press wrote:
What are fred bars?

--D-y wrote:
Handlebars that freds use.

Like toolbars I suppose.
Old December 2nd 11, 09:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

William Fred wrote:
Which is funny, because the last thought of most of the guys here would
be "I always paid for a blowjob."

And just what do you think your mastercard was for ?
Old December 2nd 11, 10:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Barry Taylor

"Simply Fred" wrote in message

William Fred wrote:
Which is funny, because the last thought of most of the guys here would
be "I always paid for a blowjob."

And just what do you think your mastercard was for ?

Aw shucks !

I guess we're pretty lucky down here
not having to pay to put air in our tires/tyres
at the local servo . . .

-- ---

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*) . . . bjbear on his treadly

If you think you're too small to have
an impact, try going to bed with a
mosquito in the room. Johan Bruyneel.

Old December 2nd 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:50 pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
A. Dumas wrote:
On 01/12/2011 18:47, Steve Freides wrote:
Brad Anders wrote:
tri-dorks. Pretty soon, we'd have had guys wearing those Bruno
thongs in the TdF.

OK, I just looked up "Bruno thong" and I'm not happy that I did.

Then how about the Boratkini?
http://www.cxmagazine.com/wp-content...d-cyclocross-w...

I am losing my appetite here.

That's part of the training program for Fat Masters!

For better or for worse, although I am a Master, I am not fat. I need
to keep my appetite to keep my weight where it is - no more pictures,
please.

Next tip article: how to weigh your oatmeal.

O-tay.

Fredmaster Ben

-S-

Old December 2nd 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Brad Anders wrote:
tri-dorks. Pretty soon, we'd have had guys wearing those Bruno
thongs in the TdF.

OK, I just looked up "Bruno thong" and I'm not happy that I did.

Then how about the Boratkini?
http://www.cxmagazine.com/wp-content...d-cyclocross-w...

I am losing my appetite here.

That's part of the training program for Fat Masters!

For better or for worse, although I am a Master, I am not fat. I need
to keep my appetite to keep my weight where it is

Jealous...What's the secret?

Old December 2nd 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Dec 1, 9:35*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Dec 1, 6:15*am, Scott Hendricks
wrote:

On Dec 1, 5:58*am, "Steve Freides" wrote:

Scott Hendricks wrote:
http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullst...True&catname=L...

sort of funny, a legend of US cycling feeling the need to embellish
his accomplishments in the opening to his training article on PEZ.

I'm not sure what's worse, thinking that finishing 6 minutes behind
the "winner" is impressive, or that he was "competing" against 6400
"racers".

I think it's grand. *He's in his sixties, he's still competeing, and the
idea that he has a "need to embellish his accomplishments" is in the
mind of one reader, not the writer. *The article is pleasant read for
any fattie master interested in gear and interested in performing well.

-S-

Uh, Steve, there may have been 6400 entrants, spread across 3 separate
events, but in the event he was in there were maybe 2-300 racers in
the ~2000 entrants. For most of them, merely finishing was the goal.
He was bragging about doing well in a century ride, and inflated the
numbers to include the metric century & 30 mile events.

How would you define embellish?

I live in Tucson.
I've never ridden El Tour, in part because I'm lazy, and the
registration is kind of pricy, but also because it's a huge ride
full of people that, as Scott says, just want to finish, and have
little group riding experience, and those people make me
nervous.

I have some friends who are casual cyclists who've done
El Tour and one who does ultra distance events, and they
typically think of El Tour as a "race," sort of. I don't think
they fully understand the distinction between it and a USCF-type
mass start race, although they certainly know they aren't
in the ~200 people that are actually "racing" it.

John Howard should understand the distinction. *I would
expect someone who is a big enough fanboi to read Pez
to also understand the distinction, but maybe I'm wrong
about that. Post-LANCE, there are a lot of casual fans of
pro racing that don't know much about amateur racing.

So yeah, it's kind of ridiculous for him to say he was in
a field of "6400 racers." *6400 riders, maybe. *I do think it's
an achievement of sorts for a 64 year old guy to hang with the
group long enough to come in 6 minutes down. *The lead pack
is hardly top pros, but they do hammer.

However, this training tip, argh. *Anyone who can't figure out the
phantom-aerobar position on their own is not skilled enough to
try riding in it.

Fredmaster Ben- Hide quoted text -

I rode it this year. There were 3172 finishers in the 111 mile event
in which JH came 16th. Going into the second wash (about half way),
the lead group was down to about 200 riders. I was maybe 3/4 of the
way back at this point having quit racing after the 2nd crash on
consecutive corners. I had to avoid 3 more of these and was lucky not
to get caught up in them although I did have to stop for 2. I was
content to just finish (130 ish) and was the next 60+ finisher to
John. Kudos to John and his riding ability at 64. I don't care too
much for his articles or riding tips.
Thanks
Phil H
Old December 2nd 11, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 02/12/2011 19:18, Phil H wrote:
On Dec 1, 9:35 pm, Fredmaster of wrote:
On Dec 1, 6:15 am, Scott
wrote:

On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Steve wrote:

Scott Hendricks wrote:
[...]

Good show, hope the stacks weren't to dramatic, it always disappointed me how
long road rash takes to heal once I got past 60.

Old December 2nd 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

wrote:

On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Steve *wrote:

Scott Hendricks wrote:
[...]

I didn't crash myself just several erm, line-holdingly challenged
riders near me, and again on the next corner and just when you thought
everyone was settled, another. Going around sweeping corners at 25+
with riders criss-crossing...........yikes.
Phil H
Old December 2nd 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott Hendricks

wrote:

On Dec 1, 5:58 am, "Steve *wrote:

Scott Hendricks wrote:
[...]

Well, for those situations JH got the praying part right
Old December 3rd 11, 10:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Scott Hendricks wrote:
Well, for those situations JH got the praying part right

So you know the Catholics in a Boston crit by their rosaries.

Old racers ... DirtRoadie Racing 9 November 29th 08 10:40 PM
RTL Former Bike Racers? chuckaeronut Unicycling 1 June 24th 08 11:37 PM
Listen up now racers! ed_dolan_jimmy_macnamara Techniques 0 October 25th 06 08:33 PM
Racers go so much better when they have a purpose Kurgan Gringioni Racing 11 July 15th 06 12:26 PM
Jr Racers in NE TritonRider Racing 3 December 21st 04 01:06 PM