Foot tilt

Old March 7th 05, 03:30 AM
Marty

Default Foot tilt

Anyone tried these things?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2648

Marty
Old March 7th 05, 03:56 AM
Tamyka Bell

Marty wrote:

Anyone tried these things?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2648

Marty

I love statements like this (from the Lemond site, page on biomechanics,
http://www.lemondfitness.com/product...mechanics.html):

"A research study published in the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports
Physical Therapy reported that 87% of the population has a misalignment
in their foot structure known as "Forefoot Varus." This is where the
foot tilts up to the inside position (Figure 1). In this same study, it
was found that an additional 9% of the population have another
misalignment known as "Forefoot Valgus." This is where the foot tilts to
the outside when the ankle joint is in its neutral position (Figure 2)."

That's brilliant. 87% of the population displays a trend but it's not
considered normal. Gotta love that.

Anyway, my personal experience is that my LBS expert gave me a brilliant
fit with no pain over 7 hour rides; and when I run I need to use
orthotics. May be the exception to prove the rule. If you want wedges
for your shoes, you can go to a podiatrist (your health insurance covers
it) and he/she will give you some trial wedges under your insole. These
last pretty much forever and should do the same job, or you can go back
and get orthotics that you can then transfer to other shoes also.
Old March 8th 05, 12:48 AM
Nick Payne

Yes, I've used the MTB version of the shims under the cleat on my left shoe
(seems to be only my left foot/knee that needs it). They've been there a
couple and I've had no problems with them. On the road bikes I've used Look
CX-7 pedals that allow you to tilt the whole pedal body by either 1.5 or 3
degrees, so no shim is needed.

Nick

Old March 8th 05, 06:02 AM

Tamyka Bell wrote: