Opinions about protective gear wanted

Old December 2nd 05, 09:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Opinions about protective gear wanted

True. I broke both leg bones, the tibia and fibula, at ankle level last
year. I was not riding, I fell down outdoor stairs during a storm and
at the time I was in my last trimester of pregnancy. Oops!!! Over a
year later, my ankle is fine and my baby boy is the picture of good
health ........Jeanie

Old December 2nd 05, 09:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

yeah I know, it sucked...Jeanie

Old December 2nd 05, 09:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Jeanie wrote:
True. I broke both leg bones, the tibia and fibula, at ankle level
last year. I was not riding, I fell down outdoor stairs during a
storm and at the time I was in my last trimester of pregnancy.
Oops!!! Over a year later, my ankle is fine and my baby boy is the
picture of good health ........Jeanie

Glad to hear it! Stay upright

Old December 2nd 05, 10:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
oups.com...

JD wrote:

I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle.
The best protective gear is riding skill.

That and a wris****ch ;-).

Actually, his internal clock is pretty damned reliable. It's his
clairvoyance that needs work.

Greg

Old December 2nd 05, 10:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:

I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle.
The best protective gear is riding skill.

That and a wris****ch ;-).

Actually, his internal clock is pretty damned reliable. It's his
clairvoyance that needs work.

Greg

Yeah, my crystal ball is a little messed up from all of the
particulates in the air out here.

JD

Old December 2nd 05, 10:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Bill Sornson wrote:
Jeanie wrote:
JD wrote: John Doh wrote: I'm looking for protective gear and
reviews. Mainly knee/shin and elbow/forearm. Specifically,
I'm wondering about these two. Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards The Raptor is more

expensive, is it much better? During a fall, does the top of the
kneecap joint tend to catch on things? Seems to me that might be
more of a problem with the Ricochet. I dunno because I don't
encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle. The best protective
gear is riding skill. JDThat riding skill got your front tooth
knocked out. Buy some protective gear.Jeanie

Nice formatting.

BS

Add a lack of clairvoyance as well to that, on more than one front.
Internet schizophrenics and pathalogical liars are not made overnight,
jeanette, samantha, or whatever you are calling yourself this week.

JD

Old December 3rd 05, 11:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Bill Sornson wrote:
wrote:
you will fall everyone falls and if you dont you are not going fast
enough

get the sixsixones i have them and they work great for DH

Crazy's cousin?

:-P

Gene, Crazy, and now Logan. Who's next?
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old December 4th 05, 03:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Jeanie wrote:
True. I broke both leg bones, the tibia and fibula, at ankle level last
year. I was not riding, I fell down outdoor stairs during a storm and
at the time I was in my last trimester of pregnancy. Oops!!! Over a
year later, my ankle is fine and my baby boy is the picture of good
health ........Jeanie

Damn, Crazy's wife... is that you??

A Crazy Jr., now that's *crazy*
_____
Slack
Old December 4th 05, 05:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote: Bill Sornson wrote: Jeanie wrote: JD wrote: John
Doh wrote: I'm looking for protective gear and reviews. Mainly
knee/shin and elbow/forearm. Specifically, I'm wondering
about these two. Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards The Raptor is more
expensive, is it much better? During a fall, does the top of the
kneecap joint tend to catch on things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem with the Ricochet. I dunno because I don't encase myself in plastic to go ride my bicycle. The best protective gear is riding skill. JDThat riding skill got your front tooth knocked out. Buy some protective gear.Jeanie Nice formatting. BS Add a lack of clairvoyance as well to that, on more than one front. Internet schizophrenics and pathalogical liars are not made overnight, jeanette, samantha, or whatever you are calling yourself this week. JDWho is Samantha? Dude, first visit to this site the other day and you must be getting me mixed up with someone else. Anyway, hubby and I had a good laugh and conluded you are paranoid.........Jeanie

Old December 4th 05, 07:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Jeanie wrote:
Who is Samantha? Dude, first visit to this site the other day and you
must be getting me mixed up with someone else.

Yeah, right. BTW, you should probably stay away from Usenet until you
take a class or two on how to use a computer.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late
The battles we fought were long and hard

Chain 'slipping' - cause? Peewiglet UK 14 November 27th 05 09:59 PM
wanted: 26" (559) Fixed Gear rear wheel Michael Drzewiecki Marketplace 0 March 23rd 05 12:35 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Dumb Newbie Qs on Gears and Speed Elisa Francesca Roselli General 14 July 27th 03 08:23 PM