Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

Old October 30th 04, 03:24 AM
terminaut

slackwrote:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...p=1&rfrr=-2651

--
Slacker

SHHhhhhhh!!! Now you've gone and indiscriminately sent every noisy
fool on to those trails by disclosing the location. JD's not gonna be
too happy to have his experience lessened when he finds his way
there.

Old October 30th 04, 03:31 AM
Bob Rogers

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
GeeDubb says:

If you're implying anything by this, let me just say that I would put
good money on the fact that any of the guys riding with me in the
video would handily drop you on a trail of your choosing.

I'd be happy to take that bet. How much are you willing to lose?

Dang! I knew I should have been following this thread. The fun stuff

always
happens where yo least expect it...

Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

Might be a good chance for JD to put up or shut up. I mean, what else is he
going to do in SoCal, visit his kid?

Old October 30th 04, 04:06 AM
Slacker

On 30 Oct 2004 02:24:39 GMT, terminaut =

wrote:

slackwrote:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...&stat=3D1&khs=

t=3D1&locn=3Dsanta+barbara&ploc=3Dsanta+barbara&lo id=3D&fmap=3D1&rfrr=3D=
-2651

--
Slacker

SHHhhhhhh!!! Now you've gone and indiscriminately sent every noisy
fool on to those trails by disclosing the location. JD's not gonna be
too happy to have his experience lessened when he finds his way
there.

:-p

wait till he hears my cowbell!

-- =

Slacker
Old October 30th 04, 04:23 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Stephen Baker wrote:

Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

Out back choking down a coffin nail while Santa A entertains the brats.

Bill "premature e-jocularity" S.

('e' cuz it's electr... never mind)

Old October 30th 04, 05:26 AM
Bob Rogers

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
Stephen Baker wrote:

Steve "where is Santa B anyway?"

Out back choking down a coffin nail while Santa A entertains the brats.

Bill "premature e-jocularity" S.

('e' cuz it's electr... never mind)

yeah,

Right after he got done banging your ex-wife B

Old October 30th 04, 06:23 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Blob Rager wrote:

Right after he got done banging your ex-wife B

Gee, Bob, that's a rather ugly thing to say, don't you think? Why don't you
drink some more (alone) and then post more hateful **** later? No hurry, of
course, you ain't goin' nowhere.

Bill "you're a pathetic, sad loser Bob" S.

Old October 30th 04, 11:22 AM
JD

lid (terminaut) wrote in message ...
"JD" wrote
terminaut wrote in message news:nntp.fooriders.com...
JDwrote:

I don't think I could ever ride with a group that seems
to never shut up and just ride.
JD

My aren't we feeling self-important?
I don't believe any of us gives a rat's ass whether you
could ride with us, but thanks anyways.

Oh, it's not about riding with you and your "woohoo" friends
because I can find my way wherever on my own.
It's about enjoying the outdoors without having to hear
a bunch of wannabanshees yelp like wounded
canines. The first time I ride with one of those is always
the last time. It's interesting how many people just might
find all of that noise intrusive and churlish.

JD

Your self-asorbed know-it-all diatribe leads me to believe that I'm
wasting my breath, but I'm going to respond in the interest of trail
awareness for everyone else.

Your version of awareness is like a sieve.

The front side trails in Santa Barbara are NOT for shut-up-and-ride
types to blast through, especially silently.

Nice spin. Detract from the fact that you and your friends were
totally obnoxious on that video and we'll all forget that is what I
was responding to in my first post in this thread.

Some people have a different idea, especially if they use their brain
and ride with caution on trails that are normally crowded. One does
not have to make noise if they ride responsibly and correct me if I'm
wrong, but riding responsibly is one of the IMBA rules of the trail.

Do everyone a favor and
educate yourself a bit before you "find your way" to any of the
trails in the video.

Thank you for your concern, but I am familiar with what's
happened/happening around Santa Barbara.

The predominantly-hiker locals do not care to be
startled by bikes hurriedly whipping around the many blind corners.
The more they hear in advance, the better.

Interesting take from someone who doesn't live there. How about
hearing from some who do?

http://www.scbeacon.com/beacon_issue...tedtrails.html

How about a quote from the HOH in the editorial response, "The bikes
also effectively destroy the solitude of the trail when they come
racing by, rattling loudly with their bells ringing." That sounds
pretty opposite of what you seem to think pertaining to your bell and
noise ideas.

If you insist on just blasting through non-stop like some racer-boy,
either sing as you ride or buy a cowbell for your bike.

Your perception of how I may or may not conduct myself on the trails
is amusing, especially coming from someone who appears to advocate
and/or defend those who would selfishly ruin a peaceful experience for
others.

The Santa
Barbara Mountain Trail Volunteers will happily provide you with one
if you have trouble getting your own.

Woohoo.

Try some namedropping next. It would be really cool.

JD
Old October 30th 04, 11:33 AM
JD

slackwrote:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...p=1&rfrr=-2651

--
Slacker

SHHhhhhhh!!! Now you've gone and indiscriminately sent every noisy
fool on to those trails by disclosing the location. JD's not gonna be
too happy to have his experience lessened when he finds his way
there.

That's funny, especially since those trails are described as a crowd
scene to begin with. Extra starch on those cuffs, please.

JD