Discs on the road. The Insider has his say

Old January 10th 12, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Discs on the road. The Insider has his say

QUOTE:

Who could have imagined that we would ever be talking about improving
braking on a road bike. Why bother? Last time I checked going slowly wasn't
the aim of the game. But it is coming, without doubt. Disc brakes on the
road will be the buzz groupset development of Eurobike 2012 aka 2013 for the
market. Fact.

You don't need to look very deeply into the comments section of articles on
the matter to realise this is dividing opinion and it will continue to do
so. I am all for discussion but my problem with most of the negative
comments is that they seem misguided or misinformed to me.

Allow me to set the record straight. Discs for the road is not just a sly
way to make you buy more bikes and bicycle engineers have not run out of
scope to improve the performance of framesets. We are just scraping the
surface with carbon technology for the bicycle in so many ways. Stagnation
on that front will not be reached for a while yet, but I can explain that
another time.

Here is my take on discs.

http://road.cc/content/blog/50067-di...er-has-his-say

--
Simon Mason

interview with an insider on doping Vagina Gorilla Racing 29 January 6th 11 09:11 PM
Road bike with discs and fender mounts? Gooserider General 7 February 3rd 07 12:54 AM
discs vs V brakes ODB Australia 31 October 23rd 06 08:37 AM
Threadlocker for ISO discs CEarly Techniques 1 February 19th 05 09:30 PM
Discs shrieking. why? Ben Mountain Biking 6 December 1st 04 12:01 AM