Marginal gains

Old July 19th 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Marginal gains

I use flat-top rubber-block pedals (VP191) and cycle in street shoes with thick rubber soles, because the brain of a great engineer must be protected against the inequalities of the road.

But what I really regret, is that it is inadvisable to cycle in clogs, either wooden or leather ones (Joseph Seibel of Berlin makes good leather clogs). There are no more comfortable shoes than clogs, and being unable to cycle in them is a tragedy.

Andre Jute
Footloose
Old July 19th 18, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/19/2018 10:30 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
I use flat-top rubber-block pedals (VP191) and cycle in street shoes with thick rubber soles, because the brain of a great engineer must be protected against the inequalities of the road.

But what I really regret, is that it is inadvisable to cycle in clogs, either wooden or leather ones (Joseph Seibel of Berlin makes good leather clogs). There are no more comfortable shoes than clogs, and being unable to cycle in them is a tragedy.

Andre Jute
Footloose

I don't know from clogs but some riders like these sandals:
http://www.cyclingabout.com/wp-conte...013-412-pm.jpg

Custom being always an option:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2787/4...fb7c126e_b.jpg

sort of 'proof of concept' for your SPD clog project.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 19th 18, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 2018-07-19 16:30, Andre Jute wrote:
I use flat-top rubber-block pedals (VP191) and cycle in street shoes
with thick rubber soles, because the brain of a great engineer must
be protected against the inequalities of the road.

But what I really regret, is that it is inadvisable to cycle in
clogs, either wooden or leather ones (Joseph Seibel of Berlin makes
good leather clogs). There are no more comfortable shoes than clogs,
and being unable to cycle in them is a tragedy.

Inadvisable! INADVISABLE! I laugh at inadvisable

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rollapaluza/1182590462
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rollapaluza/1181731495

Nothing needed more than a pair of good Dutch clogs and some wood
screws. Note the proper insoles, ergonomic design, accredited
signatures and nice finish.

Ok, socks. Socks with clogs is a mortal sin, an abomination unto the
face of the Lord. A special circle of hell is reserved for people who
wear clogs with socks.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/J68PPW/sho...ian-J68PPW.jpg
Old July 19th 18, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Thing is, though, if you add a strap or an elastic to clogs, or wear thick socks to jam them on your feet, that's entirely against the spirit of clogs.. I find that the moment I start pedaling enthusiastically, which for me is the point of cycling because I cycle for exercise, the clogs go flying off forward...

Andre Jute
....and I run over the poor inoffensive things

Why Obama is President (marginal cycling content) Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_] Techniques 4 March 2nd 11 07:39 PM
My gains Brian G UK 8 April 3rd 07 01:32 PM
Pretty Marginal Road ray Australia 0 January 28th 06 06:28 AM
Roberts gains Tour de France start [email protected] Australia 2 June 28th 05 06:42 AM