Peugeot PX-10 max cog size?

Old September 26th 18, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Peugeot PX-10 max cog size?

On 2018-09-25 20:51, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:49:36 -0700, Joerg wrote:

Mon Dieu! Then the original paint job is toast and the value of the
frame could instantly change from $500 to $0.

A sloppy coat of paint does that, and reduces tea-leaf attention. At one
stage I was forced to use some gifted taiwanesse cheap clunker which I
fitted with a good drive chain until the spare cash allowed me to buy a
very good GP frame. Had the bike shop braze on water bottle mounts and
said I'd do the painting, which i just slapped on awfully.

Bike shop guy was horrified, but as I pointed out, the average tea leaf
would have a similar reaction and not look closely at the drive chainand
other stuff and thus turn their attentin elsewhere. rode that bike for
decades.

That's what one guy, Andreas Borutta, in a German NG recommends. So some
call their munged bikes "boruttized".

Due to terrain my bikes are usually terribly dirty which reduces their
attractiveness somewhat. A thief would likely pick that pretty
spit-shined Sacttante over my mud-splattered 1982 road bike. Also, I bet
most wouldn't know how to operate downtube friction shifters and before
locking outside I shift it to the highest gear.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Looking out for a Peugeot. Simon Mason UK 17 July 11th 11 12:27 PM
Peugeot daniel Techniques 13 January 5th 07 04:02 AM
Peugeot daniel Techniques 0 January 3rd 07 10:37 PM
threadless fork size: one size smaller for frame size [email protected] Techniques 2 February 24th 06 03:49 AM
Peugeot ? Slavko Vorkapitch Techniques 51 September 9th 04 07:55 AM