Velomax wheels folding in.

Old August 11th 05, 10:51 AM
Callistus Valerius

Default Velomax wheels folding in.

I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

Old August 11th 05, 02:02 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Callistus Valerius wrote:
I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

Two problems we have seen in the last 2 weeks as we got 3 Velomax
wheels with broken spokes. None more than 7 months old.

-Wheels was so wacked it could not be trued with a new spoke
-Velomax doesn't warranty spokes or rims(what TF???).

That's right, Send it to them and in 3-5 weeks, they will rebuild it
for about $90, even if the spoke broke JRA...

So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

Old August 11th 05, 02:05 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Callistus Valerius wrote:
I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

Another 'phenomenom' I am seeing-Wheels advertised as being say 1400
grams..pretty dern light, then upon weighing the rear, see it's 900
grams or so(same as OpenPro, DA/Record type weight)...how do they do
it? Really light front wheel with a micro light front hub with
teeny-tiny bearings, really thin spokes, really light rim. Not much
reliability there and nce again, 'marketing' wins out over knowledge,
experience, common sense.

Old August 11th 05, 08:07 PM
Claudius Vitalis

So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

I thought the screw in spoke was suppose to be stronger, because there
is no bend in it.

Old August 12th 05, 01:08 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Claudius Vitalis wrote:
So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

I thought the screw in spoke was suppose to be stronger, because there
is no bend in it.

Ohh well, back to the drawing board!!

The more wheels change, the more they stay the same.