Supplier for 20mm Vulcanizing patchs?

Old August 11th 05, 02:46 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Supplier for 20mm Vulcanizing patchs?

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:59:43 +0000 (UTC),
(Luns Tee) wrote:

Tom Nakashima wrote:

Looking for a supplier for 20mm vulcanizing tube patches (patches
only),
either Rema or Parks.
The LBS used to carry them, but only sells the larger patches now
(25mm),
or the kit.

"David White" wrote in message
Perhaps these?

http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi...id=55627992676

Thanks David,
for the link, it's great when the people in this group can help.

Tom,
These are the same 25mm patches that your LBS carries, not the
20mm you asked for. This is however, the best price I've seen for the
25mm patches.

QBP used to list three different sizes of patches in 100-ct
boxes: the 16mm Rema F0P, this 25mm Rema F1P, and an intermediate 20mm
size made by Innovations. After trying to order the Innovations patches
twice, I was told that they're NLA from the manufacturer, and I settled
with getting the 16mm patches instead.

Any LBS should be able to order the 16mm patches from QBP for you.
I'm not aware of any source for 20mm patches.

http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2001
http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2004
http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2000

-Luns

Dear Tom and Mike,

Here are the 20 mm Rema patches:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F0P

(They also sell the 1-inch patches and 2-inch ovals, but not
the 16 mm patches.)

Carl Fogel

Yes, that's the ones Carl,
thanks!
-tom

Old August 11th 05, 08:15 PM
Luns Tee

In article ,
wrote:
I think that you're right--www.rematiptop.com lists the
RE-F0P as 16 mm, not 20 mm:

I measured one of these patches this morning - it would seem
they're neither 16mm nor 20mm. The black rubber centre is 14mm in
diameter, while the tapered orange layer has a diameter of 18mm.

My only guess now of what's going on is that the 16mm reflects
the diameter of the orange layer as a punching that is then squished
in manufacturing to taper the edges. Yet, patches I have from another
source (not Rema) measure at 25mm.

Curious.

-Luns
Old August 11th 05, 10:53 PM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:46:36 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

.. .
(Luns Tee) wrote:

Tom Nakashima wrote:

[...]

Dear Tom,

Alas, Luns seems to be right, and the claim on the web page
is probably mistaken.

He's measured real Rema RE-FPO patches and found them to be
about 16-18 mm, depending on what you consider the edge.

The Rema site itself lists only two sizes, inch and 16 mm.

So let's call them big and small. Hope the small ones are
what you want.

Carl Fogel
Old August 12th 05, 02:45 PM
Tom Nakashima

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:46:36 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

. ..
(Luns Tee) wrote:

Tom Nakashima wrote:

[...]

Yes, the "smalls" are the ones I want, since I seem to "only" get tiny
punchers...knock on steel.
thanks again for the link,
-tom