Advice on my first 'real' road bike please!

Old August 22nd 03, 07:44 AM
Weezerbot

Default Advice on my first 'real' road bike please!

Well, I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and let you all
know I went with the Trek. I test rode both and it came down to two
things: more bang for my buck and looks. The Giant had a little better
frame, but the components were better off on the Trek, and since the
frame has a lifetime warrenty I didn't worry about it too much. It was
also lighter at only 17 lbs. I got it for about $200 under MSRP, had a
great fitting and a few extra freebies so I'm pretty happy. I did look
for a 2003 but to no avail, and I must say I love the paint job. I
totally agree with the possibility of just looking at it and wanting to
ride. It's in my hallway calling me right now.....smoothest ride I've
ever had. Thanks to everyone and I hope to see ya out there!!

Weez

Old August 22nd 03, 02:27 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Rick- I'm curious as to which newsreader you have that
quotes this way. It's strange and sometimes a
bit unpleasant to the eyes. It also misspelled
my email address and used that instead of my
name, which is also in the headers. BRBR

AOHell-

My 130mm 45 degree stem is not the bicycle
equivelant of putting tissue paper in a wrong-size
shoe. BRBR

Disagree...

It's every bit as good as any other stem, BRBR

No doubt but I wonder about the rest of your fit.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 23rd 03, 01:05 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Rick- Please elaborate. AFAIK, there's nothing wrong with
a stem that rises; and it's the same length as what
came stock on the bike. BRBR

Nothing wrong with a stem that rises( I use one), but from your posts it 'may'
be that your frameset may be a wee bit short, or seattube steep, to neccesitate
a 130mm stem...unless the frame and rider are tall-ish, 130mm is long-ish.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302