Supplier for 20mm Vulcanizing patchs?

Old August 10th 05, 08:28 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Supplier for 20mm Vulcanizing patchs?

Looking for a supplier for 20mm vulcanizing tube patches (patches only),
either Rema or Parks.
The LBS used to carry them, but only sells the larger patches now (25mm), or
the kit.
-tom

Old August 10th 05, 08:43 PM
David White

Tom,

Perhaps these?

David

http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi...id=55627992676

Old August 10th 05, 08:50 PM

napa?

Old August 10th 05, 09:01 PM
Tom Nakashima

Tom Nakashima wrote:

Looking for a supplier for 20mm vulcanizing tube patches (patches only),
either Rema or Parks.
The LBS used to carry them, but only sells the larger patches now (25mm),
or the kit.
-tom

Thanks David,
for the link, it's great when the people in this group can help.
-tom

Old August 10th 05, 09:49 PM
bfd

Interesting, you state you're looking for "20mm" patches, not 25mm.
Yet, that links shows "1 inch" patches or 25mm.

If you want true 20mm patches, check out Biketooletc.:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_i d=RE-F0P

Old August 10th 05, 09:59 PM
Luns Tee

Tom Nakashima wrote:

Looking for a supplier for 20mm vulcanizing tube patches (patches only),
either Rema or Parks.
The LBS used to carry them, but only sells the larger patches now (25mm),
or the kit.

"David White" wrote in message
Perhaps these?

http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi...id=55627992676

Thanks David,
for the link, it's great when the people in this group can help.

Tom,
These are the same 25mm patches that your LBS carries, not the
20mm you asked for. This is however, the best price I've seen for the
25mm patches.

QBP used to list three different sizes of patches in 100-ct
boxes: the 16mm Rema F0P, this 25mm Rema F1P, and an intermediate 20mm
size made by Innovations. After trying to order the Innovations patches
twice, I was told that they're NLA from the manufacturer, and I settled
with getting the 16mm patches instead.

Any LBS should be able to order the 16mm patches from QBP for you.
I'm not aware of any source for 20mm patches.

http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2001
http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2004
http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2000

-Luns
Old August 10th 05, 10:05 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:59:43 +0000 (UTC),
(Luns Tee) wrote:

Tom Nakashima wrote:

[...]

Dear Tom and Mike,

Here are the 20 mm Rema patches:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F0P

(They also sell the 1-inch patches and 2-inch ovals, but not
the 16 mm patches.)

Carl Fogel
Old August 10th 05, 10:19 PM
Luns Tee

In article ,
wrote:
Any LBS should be able to order the 16mm patches from QBP for you.
I'm not aware of any source for 20mm patches.

http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2001

Here are the 20 mm Rema patches:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F0P

(They also sell the 1-inch patches and 2-inch ovals, but not
the 16 mm patches.)

I believe this listing is in error, the item number being the
same F0P as the 16mm patches I linked to. I have a box of them and can
measure one when i get home, but my impression of their size is that
they're 16mm.

-Luns

Old August 10th 05, 10:40 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:

napa?

after a big meal hugh betcha

Old August 10th 05, 10:50 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:19:57 +0000 (UTC),
(Luns Tee) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Any LBS should be able to order the 16mm patches from QBP for you.
I'm not aware of any source for 20mm patches.

http://mikesbikes.com/site/page.cfm?...129&SKU=PK2001

Here are the 20 mm Rema patches:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F0P

(They also sell the 1-inch patches and 2-inch ovals, but not
the 16 mm patches.)

I believe this listing is in error, the item number being the
same F0P as the 16mm patches I linked to. I have a box of them and can
measure one when i get home, but my impression of their size is that
they're 16mm.

-Luns

Dear Luns,

I think that you're right--www.rematiptop.com lists the
RE-F0P as 16 mm, not 20 mm:

http://www.rematiptop.com/Rema%20Sit...ages/bike2.gif

At BiketoolsEtc, the 20 mm patches are listed as RE-FOP:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F0P

The 1-inch patches are listed as RE-F1P:

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...em_id= RE-F1P

By weird coincidence, I ordered the alleged 20 mm patches
before I saw this thread (which is why it came to mind), so
I'll find out in a few days.

If they turn out to be only 16 mm patches, then I'll be
careful to run over slightly smaller goatheads.

Since BiketoolsEtc sells 'em for $14.75 and Mike's wants
$27.49 . . .

Carl Fogel