Shorts question-

Old May 1st 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Shorts question-

In article ,
"Pat" writes:
wrote:
: On Apr 30, 9:10 am, Peter Cole wrote:
::
:: Finally, in the "go big or go home" category -- go with the flow &
:: get a codpiece.- -
:
: or loincloth

A guy here in town wears a kilt....maybe that's the way to go.

Pat

Let the wind blow high and the wind blow low
Through the streets in my kilt I go
All the lassies cry, "Hello!
Donald, where's your trousers?"

http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics...Trousers.shtml

I guess a sporran is as good as an handlebar bag.
Stick a Coffee Crisp in there, and hope it doesn't
melt. For a Canadian, it's a good place to store
$1 and $2 coins. Make a jingling sound while you
walk, and feel empowered. Maybe even empowered
enough to buy a hot dog at 7-Eleven, eh?

Of course it's nice to be able to give the guy
exact change, too. So one would need a sporran
with dividers for pennies, nickels, dimes, etc.
Plus a place to stick stampable "buy ten, get
one free" cards. And maybe some ID, if one is
so inclined.

I guess oftentimes an ID card that says:
"the guy in the kilt" would suffice.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old May 3rd 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bruce[_3_]

On 2009-04-29 20:00:52 -0700, "CM" said:

I got a serious question about bicycle shorts. I'm kind of well endowed and
shudder at the thought of wearing skin tight lycra bicycle shorts. To be
honest, I'm not mostly "frank" but probably at least 50% "beans" - I really
don't think the ratio matters as I think I'll still look ridiculous in
regular biking shorts.

Is there any other option? I've tried regular cargo type shorts but by ass
is burning after 50 miles.

Any help is appreciated.

Use mtn bike shorts - they have the chamios, but are a loose fit -
similar to the cargo shorts, but made for cycling (seams in the right
place). Other than that, use a pair of lycra shorts and a light wt.
running short over the top of the tight fitting bike shorts. YMMV.

Shorts question [email protected] UK 6 January 25th 08 06:33 PM
Stupid question about bike shorts wheeliemaster Unicycling 9 August 4th 06 10:40 AM
Cycling shorts question?! ppt General 2 May 12th 06 11:26 AM
Question about Riding Shorts, etc. :-) Mark Techniques 11 April 15th 04 02:49 AM
Cycling Shorts with *gel* padding question ?? Trevor George UK 7 July 16th 03 09:11 AM