Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st 13, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Facts are subject to interpretation. They are no more reliable
than opinion. In the end, everything comes down to personal judgment based on
ones total life experiences. Thus spake Zarathustra.

Facts and premises can, with logic, lead to conclusions. They are a LOT more reliable than perception which is ephemeral.

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

And the over-arching premise of Zarathustra is the concept of the overman (Ubermensch) ... and to become one, Nietsche opined that one had to OVERCOME emotional perception and master oneself.

So, if you would really aspire to your tagline, perhaps you should reread and rethink ?

I use the Thus spake Zarathustra as an announcement from on high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I dont give a damn what that nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it right.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great