Bicyclists are motorists? Since when?

Old August 6th 04, 03:14 AM
chrisrange

Default Bicyclists are motorists? Since when?

Bill Z. wrote:
You probably misheard. The laws typically say that bicyclists have
the same rights and responsibilities as the operators of vehicles.
Usually drivers of motor vehicles have *additional* responsibilities
(e.g. registration, licensing, and insurance requirements.).

It's in the vehicle code in California, and also in the driver's
handbook the DMV hands out to prepare for a written test. You are
expected to know this stuff.

Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at. It is to the point
where, I chase them down and, remind them about the law. When they honk
I shake my head. I won't move, until, I get a green light.

Old August 6th 04, 04:29 AM
Bill Z.

chrisrange writes:

Bill Z. wrote:
You probably misheard. The laws typically say that bicyclists have
the same rights and responsibilities as the operators of vehicles.
Usually drivers of motor vehicles have *additional* responsibilities
(e.g. registration, licensing, and insurance requirements.).
It's in the vehicle code in California, and also in the driver's
handbook the DMV hands out to prepare for a written test. You are
expected to know this stuff.

Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at. It is to the point
where, I chase them down and, remind them about the law. When they honk
I shake my head. I won't move, until, I get a green light.

You need bike cops (police on bicycles.) When they end up harassing a
police officer, who might not take kindly to that, they will get some
feedback that will get their attention.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old August 6th 04, 05:29 AM
Pete

"chrisrange" wrote in message

Bill I am new to this NG. I live in Minnesota. It is in their vehicle
code to....BUT, I am constantly getting honked at.

Those same people are also yelling at other motorists. There's no accounting
for stupidity.

Pete