I need a

Old July 22nd 03, 12:48 AM
Andy Chequer

Default I need a

suggestion.

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

Old July 22nd 03, 01:57 AM
Cameron

"Andy Chequer" m wrote in message
suggestion.

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

How about a pastel split-pea green/lavender paint mix?

--
Cameron

Old July 22nd 03, 03:58 AM
John Harlow

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -

i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

Battleship
Camo
Barber pole
glitter and clearcoat

lay it on a spinning table and pour various paint colors on it

Old July 22nd 03, 09:50 AM
bomba

Andy Chequer wrote:

suggestion.

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

Are you respraying it yourself?

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

These guys should give you some ideas:
http://www.ifbikes.com/colors2/paintgallery.shtml

You can drool over their frames too...

Old July 22nd 03, 10:35 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Andy Chequer m wrote in
message ...
suggestion.

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -

i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

Lime green, passionfruit purple, midnight blue, mid yellow - paint each tube
one colour and move on to the next. Don't argue, just get to it.

Shaun aRe

Old July 22nd 03, 06:24 PM
Andy Chequer

Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone
along with Rimmer's suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a
hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames if
I can get em.

and a sticker for the chainstay that says ************titswankarse********.
Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a
dodgy cable channel near you.

Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

Old July 23rd 03, 10:04 AM
Shaun Rimmer

John Morgan wrote in message
Lime green,

Hey, lime green is on its way back "in" ya know...

Then stop sniffing.

Shaun aRe

Old July 23rd 03, 10:06 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Andy Chequer m wrote in
message ...
Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

Hey - even I get a mention! Whooo-hooo!

Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone
along with Rimmer's suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

You will regret not doing it my way for the rest of your life.

Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a
hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames

if
I can get em.

and a sticker for the chainstay that says

************titswankarse********.
Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a
dodgy cable channel near you.

Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

Got yer face paint matched did you?

Shaun aRe