Calling Penny...

Old July 24th 03, 06:35 PM
Josh

Default Calling Penny...

Got a little problem I hope you can help me with. I've got a nice pair of
Pearl Izumi bib shorts that I absolutely love. End of last season I was on a
ride and crashed, tearing a small (1/4") V shaped hole in them, right on the
rear. Not a problem for solo rides, but no one will ride a paceline with me
anymore...

Anyway, any expert tips on fixing lycra?

Thanks.

Josh

Old July 24th 03, 07:18 PM

I have a tube of superglue that I've used to mend holes
in lycra.

Fire up MTB 03

Old July 24th 03, 08:26 PM
Stephen Baker

Matt says:

Get an good old patch of your choice (He-Man, Spiderman, Batman, Turtles
etc etc) and sew that bad boy on there.

You mean, like this one?

http://members.aol.com/saildesign/image01.jpg

Steve
Old July 24th 03, 09:53 PM
Matthew Paterson

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:26:32 +0000, Stephen Baker wrote:

http://members.aol.com/saildesign/image01.jpg

Yeah, something like that. Especially if its on his arse!

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Old July 24th 03, 11:14 PM
Dave

"Josh" wrote in message
news
Got a little problem I hope you can help me with. I've got a nice pair of
Pearl Izumi bib shorts that I absolutely love. End of last season I was on

ride and crashed, tearing a small (1/4") V shaped hole in them, right on

the
rear. Not a problem for solo rides, but no one will ride a paceline with

me
anymore...

Anyway, any expert tips on fixing lycra?

Thanks.

Josh

I used a piece of lycra (same colour), from an old pair of swimming trunks
that I'd kept by for just such an occassion. Then used a sowing machine to
sow patch on with a 'springy' stitch to allow movement and prevent pulling.
Works great and several folks have said they thought it was a pocket,
despite the fact it's slap bang in the middle of my right butt cheek!!
HTHBDIW
(hope that helps but doubt it will ;-)
Dave.
Penny....?
.....Penny......
er....help required over here....Penny!??!

Old July 25th 03, 12:43 AM
Stephen Baker

Dave says:

WANT ONE!!

Well, if you can go back in time to the 1972 Reading Rock Festival (the one
where Focus made their debut in the UK) you might just find one left, but they
were pretty popular at the time. ;-)

Steve "oh, CR*P, I fell old today........"
Old July 25th 03, 12:45 AM
Stephen Baker

I said:

"oh, CR*P, I fell old today........"

and I _feel_ old, too.
Old July 25th 03, 04:34 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

that I'd kept by for just such an occassion. Then used a sowing machine to
sow patch on with a 'springy' stitch to allow movement and prevent

pulling.

oink oink

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old July 25th 03, 12:15 PM
Dave

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
I said:

"oh, CR*P, I fell old today........"

and I _feel_ old, too.

Tell me about it....
I had an original Smiley in the 60's on my jeans. Got it from the caravan
site shop at Dyffryn Ardudwy s? where we had a static caravan. We went 3
times a year to listen to the rain on the caravan roof. Even upto today, it
ain't a proper holiday unless I've heard rain on a caravan roof. ;-)
Dave - scarred for life....