For the dogs

Old September 10th 04, 02:53 PM
ireman_1

Default For the dogs

For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any
of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with
the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models
that work well? Much grassyass to ya.

K.

--
ireman_1

Old September 10th 04, 03:49 PM
pas

ireman_1 wrote:
For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do
any of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience)
with the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands,
models that work well? Much grassyass to ya.

K.

those dang OT posts again...

There are three basic kinds... saddlebags, saddelbags that adjust across the
back, and two piece units that consist of a seperate harness/pad, and
floating pack unit. The third type is by far the best set up I've seen, the
least prone to slippage, and making sore on the dog. For the life of me, I
can't remember the name of the Alaskan place that makes them. Second choice
is the one that you can adust the width of the pack with straps. We have
several old Mountainsmiths of this type, and they worked well with Malemutes
and Goldens.

rec.backcountry may be a better place to ask. After you get flamed for
having a dog on the trail you might get some useful ideas.

Penny

Old September 13th 04, 03:02 PM
Dave W

ireman_1 had this to say

For those of you that ride/hike with your dogs from time to time: do any
of you have any experience (or does your dog have any experience) with
the "dog backpacks" (the ones the dog wears not...)? Brands, models
that work well? Much grassyass to ya.

K.

Kathleen?

Dave (she's the resident dog lady...)

Dealing with dogs? Tumbleweed UK 30 June 21st 04 05:49 PM
Frickin' hunters bomba Mountain Biking 24 December 19th 03 11:09 PM
Anybody Use Scooters or the Springer with your dogs? DB Recumbent Biking 3 August 8th 03 01:07 AM