Marzocchi servicing

Old June 24th 04, 03:12 PM
Joe Roach

Default Marzocchi servicing

The Marzocchi so called technical manual quotes "Operation to be
carried out by MARZOCCHI authorized centers" for what should be
routine work such as checking the oil height.

Does anyone know where I can get / download a proper Marzocchi
technical manual?

Thanks

Joe
Old June 24th 04, 06:17 PM
Michael Dart

In om,
Joe Roach typed:
The Marzocchi so called technical manual quotes "Operation to be
carried out by MARZOCCHI authorized centers" for what should be
routine work such as checking the oil height.

Does anyone know where I can get / download a proper Marzocchi
technical manual?

Thanks

Joe

Since Marzocchi got sued by a bunch of idiots who can't follow directions
they took their service information away from the rest of us who can.
There's a couple of servers out there with some older manuals, Slacker will
be along in a minute to give a link to them. ;^)

Mike

Old June 25th 04, 03:03 AM
Slacker

Michael Dart wrote:
In om,
Joe Roach typed:

The Marzocchi so called technical manual quotes "Operation to be
carried out by MARZOCCHI authorized centers" for what should be
routine work such as checking the oil height.

Does anyone know where I can get / download a proper Marzocchi
technical manual?

Thanks

Joe

Since Marzocchi got sued by a bunch of idiots who can't follow directions
they took their service information away from the rest of us who can.
There's a couple of servers out there with some older manuals, Slacker will
be along in a minute to give a link to them. ;^)

Mike

Well, it was a little longer than a minute ;-)

Joe,

See if you can find want you need here
http://inbred.gimpcupboard.com/manuals/

--
Slacker
Old June 25th 04, 11:48 AM
Joe Roach

Slacker wrote in message ...
Michael Dart wrote:
In om,
Joe Roach typed:

The Marzocchi so called technical manual quotes "Operation to be
carried out by MARZOCCHI authorized centers" for what should be
routine work such as checking the oil height.

Does anyone know where I can get / download a proper Marzocchi
technical manual?

Thanks

Joe

Since Marzocchi got sued by a bunch of idiots who can't follow directions
they took their service information away from the rest of us who can.
There's a couple of servers out there with some older manuals, Slacker will
be along in a minute to give a link to them. ;^)

Mike

Well, it was a little longer than a minute ;-)

Joe,

See if you can find want you need here
http://inbred.gimpcupboard.com/manuals/

Thanks for the link.

Although my fork isn't listed, it looks like there is enough
information to help with routine checking/servicing. These .pdfs are
much better than the "technical" manuals on the Marzocchi site where
some of the sections look like they've been written by lawyers rather
than engineers. For example, it states that a visit to the LBS is
required every 50 hours (25 hours for intense use) to check the oil
seals.

In any event, one aspect of any future fork upgrade plan is looking
likely – no Marzocchis. It's a pity because I like the fork (and
nobody seems to have a bad word to say about them) but I'm reluctant
to pander to Marzocchi's corporate stupidity.

Joe
Old June 25th 04, 01:49 PM
Michael Dart

"Joe Roach" wrote in message
om...
Slacker wrote in message

Michael Dart wrote:
In om,
Joe Roach typed:

[...]

I'm beginning to feel the same way. I've bought two new forks from them
this year, a 888R and a Marathon S. I was going to make a proud
announcement to my renewal in the Bomberhood. But the forks have been such
a PITA so far I haven't felt too good about my decision to 'upgrade'. I
live here in mtb hell Virginia where there isn't a Marzocchi service center
for hundreds of miles. The Marathon ETA lockout leaks so the fork doesn't
stay down, an important feature for me to be able to climb with a 120mm
fork. I can't get the springs out of the 888R either, the new top cap/jam
nut arrangement has me confounded. I've got a friend working in a bike shop
who seems to have an inside line with them and he can barely get anything
out of them. His 888R eventually collapsed. The internals just chunked,
bits of spring and cartridge everywhere. We were talking the other day
about what other fork to go with and there isn't really anything better out
there. The problem is corporate stupidity is everywhere.

Mike

Old June 25th 04, 04:08 PM
mojo deluxe

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Joe Roach" wrote in message
om...
Slacker wrote in message

Michael Dart wrote:
In om,
Joe Roach typed:

[...]

My next fork will be a Fox.

Old June 25th 04, 05:35 PM
Jonesy

Slacker wrote in message ...
Michael Dart wrote:
In om,
Joe Roach typed:

The Marzocchi so called technical manual quotes "Operation to be
carried out by MARZOCCHI authorized centers" for what should be
routine work such as checking the oil height.

Does anyone know where I can get / download a proper Marzocchi
technical manual?

Thanks

Joe

Since Marzocchi got sued by a bunch of idiots who can't follow directions
they took their service information away from the rest of us who can.
There's a couple of servers out there with some older manuals, Slacker will
be along in a minute to give a link to them. ;^)

Mike

Well, it was a little longer than a minute ;-)

Joe,

See if you can find want you need here
http://inbred.gimpcupboard.com/manuals/

Fantastic. Thanks!
--
Jonesy "good to have a nice exploded view of your fork"
Old June 25th 04, 07:00 PM
Michael Dart

"Jonesy" wrote in message
--
Jonesy "good to have a nice exploded view of your fork"

On paper that is! ;^)

Old June 26th 04, 02:12 AM
Slacker

"Joe Roach"

[...]

I guess Brian never answered your questions... that really blows.
Between their lack of tech data and the stupidity of their VP's antics,
they're really starting to **** me me off too.

Too bad... After reading some of Bryson's comments, Marzocchi probably
won't realize why they lost so much market share till after the fact.
Let's pray that Manitou (belch) and Fox continue to step it up. And
let's hope Marz can reverse the direction they're heading down.

--
Slacker
Old June 26th 04, 05:38 AM
Slacker

Jonesy wrote:

Slacker

http://inbred.gimpcupboard.com/manuals/

Fantastic. Thanks!

You're welcome. Glad to be of service :-)

--
Slacker