Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

Old October 6th 04, 04:24 AM
Terry Collins

Default Wanted: Sub-$50 mtb, prefer working cond.

....snip.......

Cash Converters would have what I want but
there's none in Hawthorn.

Does Cash Convertors have bicycles as cheap as this?

Does anyone know if their rumoured "warehouse of bicycles"[1] is open to
the public?

[1] Reason given to someone for not buying his bicycle.
Old October 6th 04, 04:30 AM
hippy

"Etxy"

hippy Wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the new mean machine
PiledHigher. This new bike adds to my:
track, bmx, old road, current road, new road
(deposit paid), ss, ht, vegemite, tank, trials.

You're getting a new roady?! What kind?

http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=48

hippy

Old October 6th 04, 12:07 PM
dave

hippy wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

PiledHigher wrote:

Slight issue is that I want a complete bike by tonight! :-)
That's why I'm thinking Cash Converters or the Bike
Shed are my only hope unless someone has one in their
shed they want removed..

hippy

I have one I want removed, it goes, it is heavy and has 15 gears (in
blackburn)

WOt has the one in hawthorn moved?
Geez its almost outside work... you would think I would have noticed

Um.. what? Was there a Cashies in Hawthorn?

Yeah... it was in Burwood rd... more or less outside the Uni..
Should have checked if it was there today.

Anyway, thanks for the new mean machine
PiledHigher. This new bike adds to my:
track, bmx, old road, current road, new road
(deposit paid), ss, ht, vegemite, tank, trials.

I think I will give it an aerosol paint job and
call it "Tank". Photos will surely follow :-)

hippy
- sort of in double figures

Old October 7th 04, 04:32 AM
PiledHigher

Anyway, thanks for the new mean machine
PiledHigher. This new bike adds to my:
track, bmx, old road, current road, new road
(deposit paid), ss, ht, vegemite, tank, trials.

I think I will give it an aerosol paint job and
call it "Tank". Photos will surely follow :-)

hippy
- sort of in double figures

[/color]

Given that hippy's cash is in my pocket, I'm going to put the call out to
someone who may have something in the shed.

Looking for under $50

54cm road frame, need at least frame/fork/headset and bottom bracket with
square tapers. Preferably fork for quill stem and horizontalish rear
dropouts.

--
PiledHigher

Old October 7th 04, 11:49 AM
aeek

To think I'm paying over 2k for a new pair of cleats.
Ok, they come with a giant OCR Zero and some bits.
Just as well I really needed new cleats!

Two active bikes, commuter/tourer & beginner racer. The collectio
begins

--
aeek

Old October 7th 04, 01:49 PM
hippy

"aeek"

To think I'm paying over 2k for a new pair of cleats.
Ok, they come with a giant OCR Zero and some bits.
Just as well I really needed new cleats!

Two active bikes, commuter/tourer & beginner racer. The collection
begins.

I've got a 26" trials bike and a 20" BMX you
can add to those... if the price is right :-)

hippy

Old October 7th 04, 10:15 PM
Etxy

PiledHigher Wrote:
]
Given that hippy's cash is in my pocket, I'm going to put the call ou
to someone who may have something in the shed.

Looking for under $50

54cm road frame, need at least frame/fork/headset and bottom bracke
with square tapers. Preferably fork for quill stem and horizontalis
rear dropouts.

Could help you out with that, I've got a frame (still attached to bike
that matches that description. And I want to get rid of it, too! M
email addy is etxebarria76(at)hotmail.co

--
Etxy

Old October 8th 04, 12:55 AM
Shabby

hippy Wrote:

I think I will give it an aerosol paint job and
call it "Tank". Photos will surely follow :-)

Perhaps it should be named PileofSh*t in honour of it's forme
owner....

--
Shabby

Old October 8th 04, 07:48 AM
hippy

"Shabby"

hippy Wrote:

I think I will give it an aerosol paint job and
call it "Tank". Photos will surely follow :-)

Perhaps it should be named PileofSh*t in honour of it's former
owner.....

Once you've picked it up you realise how appropriate
"tank" is.. but what about something more exotic, an
imported marque perhaps, say, something French...

How about " Le ****teur " ? :-D

hippy

Old October 8th 04, 08:04 AM
Etxy

hippy Wrote:

How about " Le ****teur " ? :-D

hippy

You mean 'Le Merde', surely?

Just an optimistic attempt to sell a pair of 650c wheels I have sittin
around, $150 ONO? Pretty nice, just don't want them anymore... :

--
Etxy

Race Mechanic Wanted Dan H Techniques 2 February 14th 05 06:28 AM
Race Mechanic Wanted Dan H General 6 February 14th 05 06:15 AM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
Wanted to buy: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SSC clincher blayne13 Marketplace 0 February 18th 04 11:29 PM