Words fail me.

Old February 21st 04, 11:21 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Words fail me.

Despite witnesses at the trial stating the driver was driving like a bat out of
hell, and showing off with lots of engine revving etc., etc.. it seems the
chap killed a 12-year old girl unintentionally as he was suffering from...

"unintentional accelerator syndrome"

Words fail me (which is unusual)

The witnesses were reported in earlier articles to this one.

See

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/News/...b+2004+07%3A15
&tbrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=NEWS&category=News&bra nd=EDPOnline&itemid=NOED
20+Feb+2004+22%3A24%3A25%3A347

or

http://tinyurl.com/ywjua

"Death crash driver denies showing off

CHRISTINE CUNNINGHAM

February 21, 2004 07:15

A man accused of hitting a 12-year-old Norfolk school girl with his
high-performance BMW car and killing her denied yesterday that he had been
driving dangerously and told the jury the accident happened "so quickly".

The Norwich Crown Court jury also heard that Shaun Moyse might have pressed the
wrong pedal when he lost control of the car, and instead of braking pressed the
accelerator – which is known as "unintentional accelerator syndrome".

Moyse, 24, claimed he had not been speeding moments before he lost control and
mounted the pavement, hitting Kristine Errington and her sister, Leanne, who
were on the way to a disco at the Vauxhall Holiday Centre at Yarmouth with two
schoolfriends.

Kristine suffered severe head injuries in the accident on Acle New Road and was
pronounced dead 36 hours after the crash. Leanne, who was 14 at the time,
suffered head and shoulder injuries.

Moyse, of Palgrave Road, Yarmouth, denies causing the death of Kristine
Errington by dangerous driving on June 6 last year.

Giving evidence at Norwich Crown Court, Moyse said he had bought the car four
days before the accident and had not driven it in the wet before.

He said that as he went round the roundabout he felt the back of the car start
to slide out.

"I felt the back move," he said. "I have not experienced that before. I felt
something which I had not felt before."

He said he applied his brakes but instead of slowing down the car seemed to go
even quicker and his barrister said it appeared likely that he pressed the
wrong pedal and hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

Moyse told the jury: "I remember heading towards the barrier. It all happened
so quickly. I remember seeing the barrier coming closer. I don't remember after
that."

The car rolled over and ended up at the bottom of an embankment.

""I opened the driver door and stumbled out. I stood up looked around and heard
some screams," he said. "As I looked round I saw the young girl lying on the
floor."

He said he had gone over to see the girl and recalled there were soon help on
the scene including paramedics.

Asked by his barrister, Guy Ayers, if he had driven the car aggressively or had
been showing off he replied: "No."

In cross-examination, he denied he had floored the accelerator on the car as he
came round the roundabout and although he had owned other high-performance
cars, he claimed it was for their looks not their performance.

Accident investigator for the defence, Len Wayman, said that Moyse accelerating
while the car was on a curved path could have caused the loss of control of the
BMW.

The judge is expected to sum up on Monday and the jury will then consider its
verdict."

helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old February 21st 04, 11:39 AM
Tony Raven

Despite witnesses at the trial stating the driver was driving like a bat
out of hell, and showing off with lots of engine revving etc., etc.. it
seems the chap killed a 12-year old girl unintentionally as he was
suffering from...

"unintentional accelerator syndrome"

Words fail me (which is unusual)

I'd have a lot more sympathy for them if, having killed a child, they at least
had the guts to admit what they did and not try and squirm out of their
responsibility. Otherwise to me they are no better than Ian Huntley, killing
children and covering up in the hope of getting away with it.

Tony

Old February 21st 04, 11:46 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I'd have a lot more sympathy for them if, having killed a child, they at
least
had the guts to admit what they did and not try and squirm out of their
responsibility. Otherwise to me they are no better than Ian Huntley, killing
children and covering up in the hope of getting away with it.

Tony

My thoughts exactly.

Cheers, helen s

Old February 21st 04, 02:07 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

And there's more :-(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/3508451.stm

"Wet road blamed for death crash

A driver who denies causing the death of a 12-year-old girl, told his trial he
had braked when his high-performance car went out of control.
Shaun Moyse told Norwich Crown Court he had lost control of his BMW because the
road had been wet.

Kristine Errington was walking with three girls in Great Yarmouth when the
accident happened.

Mr Moyse, 24, from Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, is charged with causing death by
dangerous driving on 6 June 2003.

He told the jury was not a bad driver.

Swerving out

He said that as he came off a roundabout on the A12, the car, which he had
owned for a few days, started swerving out.

He had tried to correct it by braking, but hit the accelerator.

When he was challenged in court, he said he had not been deliberately driving
aggressively, he had not been showing off and he had not been in a rush.

The jury is expected to start considering its verdict on Monday. "

Old February 21st 04, 02:21 PM
Tony Raven

He told the jury was not a bad driver.

Swerving out

He said that as he came off a roundabout on the A12, the car, which he had
owned for a few days, started swerving out.

He had tried to correct it by braking, but hit the accelerator.

Anybody who is so incompetent that they try to correct a skid like that in a
rear wheel drive car by braking or accelerating is a bad driver in my books.

Tony

Old February 21st 04, 02:30 PM
Mark Thompson

Anybody who is so incompetent that they try to correct a skid like that in a
rear wheel drive car by braking or accelerating is a bad driver in my books.

Anyone who loses it on a public road simply because it's wet is a bad driver by
anyones books!

Old February 21st 04, 02:32 PM
Vincent Wilcox

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

"It wasn't my fault! Really, it wasn't! An old friend came in out of
town! The car ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have enough
money for cab fare! The tux didn't come back from the cleaners! There
was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault I
swear to God!!!"

"Ohh Jake"