Outliers - The Story of Success - My Rant

Old June 14th 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

Default Outliers - The Story of Success - My Rant

On Jun 13, 2:01*pm, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 6/13/2011 3:15 PM, Phil H wrote:

On Jun 13, 12:28 pm, Fred Flintstein
*wrote:
On 6/13/2011 2:03 PM, Phil H wrote:

On Jun 13, 6:18 am, Fred
wrote:
On 6/13/2011 3:39 AM, DC wrote:

Fred Flintstein said the following on 11/06/2011 12:36 PM:
As I've said before, first they have to find a law that
he's violated. I think Novitsky will need some luck with
that.

Have him testify before a grand jury. He might well break the law then.

Dumbass,

I don't recall.

Ask Marion Jones and Tammy Thomas about what law they broke. If Lance
did take drugs and he lies about it to the GJ then he risks the same
fate.
Phil H

Dumbass,

I'm not familiar with Marion Jones case. But TT did not get convicted
for lying about taking dope. She was convicted for lying about where
she got it. Since she got it from a source that was manufacturing it
illegally, she paid the price. Because, and please pay attention, it
was relevant to a criminal prosecution.

As I have been telling dumbasses like yourself for a long time now,
doping for a bike race is not a criminal act. If he doped and doped and
doped and doped and doped and doped and doped and doped and doped and
doped and doped and doped and doped and doped and doped and doped, and
then said he didn't take any dope, the odds of a perjury conviction
are very remote in all jurisdictions except the crazy ass one between
Lafferty's ears.

And if they ask a difficult question about something 10 years ago or
more, "I don't recall" has no chance of hanging him on perjury.

Establishing that a law was violated is not going to be a trivial task..
The odds of LANCE facing a perjury conviction are laughable.

F- Hide quoted text -

What part of lying to the GJ don't you get. I never said either were
convicted of taking drugs just lying to the GJ. My statement stands,
your assertion that Lance could not be convicted of the same thing has
at least 2 relevant counter examples......and you call me a dumbass.
Gee thanks.
Phil H

Sheesh.

You are quoted above. Did you say "just lying to the GJ"? Or did you
say "If Lance did take drugs and he lies about it to the GJ then he
risks the same fate."?

TT wasn't convicted of lying about taking drugs. I explained that, in
the part where I said "please pay attention". If he lies about taking
drugs, even though he's lying, he won't see a perjury conviction on
that unless it is somehow linked to a criminal act. That's where the
difference is with TT.

You don't think that the GJ will ask him just that one question do
you? Did you take PDs....no. So you don't know anything about the
alleged claims of others that there was an organized doping program
involving transportation of PDs (aka controlled substances) etc etc?
Oh yeh, I knew all about that but I didn't take any drugs
myself..............hmmm.
Now, ask me if I think it will come to this and my answer is probably
yes except that to be consistent he'll deny all knowledge and if it
comes to a trial he'll not get convicted of anything.
Phil H

My Road ID Success Story - Almost Just Like Levi "Shilling" Leipheimer Anton Berlin Racing 4 May 14th 11 04:47 AM
21 stone man's success story. Simon Mason UK 5 April 12th 09 05:39 PM
Rant Brian Social Issues 1 May 24th 06 06:41 PM
Rant Brian General 3 May 23rd 06 02:45 AM
WTB: SACHS NEW SUCCESS ERGO LEVERS OR SACHS NEW SUCCESS INDEXING CAM ALSO HIGN END ROAD BIKES Groovy_moon Marketplace 0 February 28th 06 02:22 AM