Performance Bike still SUX

Old December 8th 03, 02:47 AM
The Real Bev

Default Performance Bike still SUX

Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
The Real Bev writes:

All bikes need periodic tinkering.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Still, I bought a used bike several years
ago and 10,000 miles later it's still going strong with no tinkering at
all except for tires and tubes. When I take the rear wheel off I have
to keep tweaking the axle until I finally get it to the position where
it shifts nicely, but that's it. My smallest rear sprocket is starting
to slip, but I figure that's par for the course since it gets the most
use.

You should see some of the puddles (lakes) Claire, Dane, Zoot, Bernie,
Ryan, Fabrizzio et al have to frequently ride thru in what Americans
call the Pacific NorthWest. Humid coastal climates are lubrication
killers. Not to mention wear & tear on brake pads and rims.

So, out of curiosity, just how well-lubed /is/ your BB or headset?

As well as when I bought it. I changed the BB on my Trek before it was
stolen (damn, I'd forgotten about that!) and it wasn't that big a deal.
I've also lubed headsets when necessary, but it still feels smooth. If
it ain't broke, don't fix it.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 8th 03, 03:28 AM
A Muzi

Default Too Stupud and Whiny here

"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message
Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer" of
Performance Bike - WHOOPS - former customer. I want to WHINE some more
and straighten out one thing - NO! Performance did not run out of stock once
but TWICE - While they were fumbling my order and losing it, they then
could not fill my second request to replace the first one that was lost.

TimH wrote:
It's your kah-muh anjin-san

Why is he a "pilot" I don't get it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old December 8th 03, 03:39 AM
A Muzi

"SaintDan" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message
Hello everyone one, this is Dan the "Too Stupid and Whiny customer" of
Performance Bike - WHOOPS - former customer. I want to WHINE some more
and straighten out one thing - NO! Performance did not run out of stock once
but TWICE - While they were fumbling my order and losing it, they then
could not fill my second request to replace the first one that was lost.

TimH wrote:
It's your kah-muh anjin-san

Why is he "at peace"??
I don't get it.

Old December 8th 03, 04:32 AM
Bernie

Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
Ryan Cousineau writes:

So, out of curiosity, just how well-lubed /is/ your BB or headset?

What I don't know can't hurt me, right?

Nah. As long as you can afford some kind of new bike.

I think front fenders help preserve (to an extent) headset bearings
for us rain riders.

cheers,
Tom

I think fenders in general help preserve (to an extent) us rain riders.

Old December 11th 03, 06:01 AM
Bartow W. Riggs

"Peter" wrote in message

I hope I never own anything so unreliable that I end up developing a
personal relationship with my mechanic. I was getting dangerously close
once with a car but my current one is doing much better. Fortunately my
bikes have never approached that level.

I understand your point Peter.

I certainly would not call any of my or my son's bikes unreliable, except
for flats, that is. I do most fairly common repairs. I was trying to
express, for example, that when I don't have the time to deal with it, my
son races and wrecks on a Saturday and I need a wheel (two in this exact
example - front and rear) trued and dished (something I don't generally do)
for the race next day...Sunday. I am glad to know a good mechanic who will
fix things fast.

Bartow