Pezula racing miss prologue but still racing in Qinghai

Old July 13th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Pezula racing miss prologue but still racing in Qinghai

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l08/jul13news2

WTF?
Old July 13th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

a écrit profondement:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l08/jul13news2

| WTF?

Seems Fair Enuf 2 Davey

--
Davey Crockett
9/11 was an Inside Job
Old July 13th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 13, 2:15 am, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l08/jul13news2

WTF?

this isn't that uncommon.

also the organizers for a race like this usually are paying for
international teams to show up - as an official you want to support
the race organization where you can to make the race a success.
Old July 14th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:00:37 -0700 (PDT), Amit Ghosh
wrote:

On Jul 13, 2:15 am, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l08/jul13news2

WTF?

this isn't that uncommon.

also the organizers for a race like this usually are paying for
international teams to show up - as an official you want to support
the race organization where you can to make the race a success.

I've seen riders not finish prologues and be allowed to continue the
race.

I also think large Mike Norton (Massachusetts rider/promoter) finished
the prologue of the Killington stage race 10 hours slower than the
next-slowest time (he started 10 hours late) but since there was no
time cut, he continued.

Old July 14th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 13, 7:29 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson

I've seen riders not finish prologues and be allowed to continue the
race.

there was one tour where someone on 7-11 crashed in the 'preface' (it
was something like a 5 km TTT and then the last km was rider by a solo
rider) and they were allowed to replace him with nathan dahlberg for
the 1st stage.
Old July 14th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Jul 13, 7:29 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson

I've seen riders not finish prologues and be allowed to continue the
race.

there was one tour where someone on 7-11 crashed in the 'preface' (it
was something like a 5 km TTT and then the last km was rider by a solo
rider) and they were allowed to replace him with nathan dahlberg for
the 1st stage.

Weird. As it happens, I was doing my best Euro Driver impression Sunday
morning, driving a Neutral Support car for the Tour de Delta (a real
event, not something I made up or Tim Krabbé didn't make up). I happened
to read the race bible for the 3-stage race, and it made it clear that
for that total-time event, DNF-ing the prologue-length first stage TT
would result in getting the slowest rider's time, and riders who
completed at least half the laps in the stage 2 crit but were lapped
(and pulled) would get a pro-rated time.

In both cases, the riders could continue in the GC and participate in
stage 3, the road race.

This has no particular relevance to either the Qinghai tour or the TdF,
except to demonstrate that GC time and participation rules can vary from
event to event.

And also, of course, to brag that I was driving in a race caravan,
because that was fun. The 2007 Jetta has far more ability in corners
than I do.

Old July 14th 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 14, 2:21 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Weird. As it happens, I was doing my best Euro Driver impression Sunday
morning, driving a Neutral Support car for the Tour de Delta (a real
event, not something I made up or Tim Krabbé didn't make up). I happened
to read the race bible for the 3-stage race, and it made it clear that
for that total-time event, DNF-ing the prologue-length first stage TT
would result in getting the slowest rider's time, and riders who
completed at least half the laps in the stage 2 crit but were lapped
(and pulled) would get a pro-rated time.

that's something that appears in the CCA (UCI) rulebook. the race
bible (or techical guide) is the place for rules specific to the
race.

but one day i might write the race talmud. because a lot of riders and
officials don't realize the reasoning behind some rules and when or
how to invoke them.

And also, of course, to brag that I was driving in a race caravan,
because that was fun. The 2007 Jetta has far more ability in corners
than I do.

a few years ago at the nationals VW supplied us with a fleet of turbo
beetles in every colour of the rainbow. it looked very cool, but of
course one of them ended up getting backed into a post or something.

Old July 14th 08, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Amit Ghosh wrote:
a few years ago at the nationals VW supplied us with a fleet of turbo
beetles in every colour of the rainbow. it looked very cool, but of course
one of them ended up getting backed into a post or something.

Luckily they're not made of carbon fibre.