There *is* a race going on... (TdS)

Old June 14th 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default There *is* a race going on... (TdS)

OK, we had one of the most-incredible climbs & descents ever (the Grosse
Scheidegg) and at the very least puzzling performance(?) by the only
person many think could challenge AC at the TdF, and nobody here cares?
Did I miss the charter requirement that every post has to somehow be
relevant to a discussion of Lance Armstrong?

If we remove from RBR all posts from either BL, his proxies, and anyone
he might consider a Lance Fanboy, this place gets pretty thin.

NOBODY watched today's stage and thought WOW, I would love to go ride
that? Or, what sort of nutcase (oh crap, I was trying to keep this
LA-free) designs a finish like that? Or how did Paul & Bob Roll screw up
on who crashed (not Sagan)? Or how can Andy hope to win the TdF if he
doesn't feel comfortable descending with the best, preferring to sit off
the back a bit on the descents?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 14th 11, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 6/13/2011 11:17 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
[...]

I will occasionally stream stuff live during the day. We don't have
cable, but the TV is almost never on at home. And I like it that way.

The Dauphine and the TdS are great races with long histories. But they
are both training events for the race of which There Is Only One You
Know.

As for the other traffic on rbr, the posters that are super motivated
and possibly doping to assist their performance are the ones that have
LANCE OCD. I am resigned to that.

Old June 14th 11, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

FWIW, I watched the stage. That was probably the best descent I've
seen covered in years. Paul and Bob are utterly clueless these days,
constantly screwing up and saying stuff that simply isn't true -
nothing new there.

I'm always amazed at how non-aggressive many of the main contenders
are, following in wheels the entire way on a climb, or attacking so
late that it makes little to no difference. Great to see somebody
actually do something aggressive on a climb.
Old June 14th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

I watched and it was AMAZING. Today was ultra boring in comparison.

Brad the english announcers on steephill are decent.

GF was surprised the motorcycles had trouble keeping up and getting
out of the way.
Old June 14th 11, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jun 13, 11:17*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
[...]

No I would not love to go ride that, at least not when I have to keep
up with anyone else.
Check with me say, 35 or 40 years ago.
Paul and Bob didn't catch that the "crash" sequence was a cut to a
different moto camera. The fact that Sagan and Ten Dam's blue pants
are similar, with white lettering, didn't help. I have a friend with
hi-def (soon for me I hope) who figured it out pretty quick.

I don't know how Andy can hope to win the TdF if the competition is
healthy and remains at relative full ability for the whole race. No
fangs.
Both of those Schleck boys are just too nice for the top step at the
Tour-- far, far too low on the Armstrong Index and if you don't
believe me, the photos of poor Tyler Hamilton lying battered and
unconscious in the Aspen Valley Hospital ICU are forthcoming as soon
as Lafferty can get them posted.
So I am on both topics, I hope?
--D-y
Old June 15th 11, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 14, 12:17*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

OK, we had one of the most-incredible climbs & descents ever (the Grosse
Scheidegg) and at the very least puzzling performance(?) by the only
person many think could challenge AC at the TdF, and nobody here cares?

Horner's at the TdSuisse? The TdS is just plain eye candy. It
could be one of those TV programs where they just shoot aerial video
and either play music or have some droning background voice and I'd
still watch it. I've never ridden in Switzerland (and assume that you
have), and I'd like to do so in the next year or two at the most.
It's a small country so I guess I'll be able to see most of it in a
couple of days, right?

Old June 15th 11, 09:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
birdbrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfpprrRycc
Old June 15th 11, 09:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
birdbrain

wrote:

OK, we had one of the most-incredible climbs & descents ever (the Grosse
Scheidegg) and at the very least puzzling performance(?) by the only
person many think could challenge AC at the TdF, and nobody here cares?

Horner's at the TdSuisse? * *The TdS is just plain eye candy. *It
could be one of those TV programs where they just shoot aerial video
and either play music or have some droning background voice and I'd
still watch it. *I've never ridden in Switzerland (and assume that you
have), and I'd like to do so in the next year or two at the most.
It's a small country so I guess I'll be able to see most of it in a
couple of days, right?

You can ride through it 2 days if you're a climber.
Old June 15th 11, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

birdbrain wrote:
You can ride through it 2 days if you're a climber.

Only if you're clean.
Old June 15th 11, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 15, 4:20*am, birdbrain wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfpprrRycc

What a road! Thanks for posting that.