i bought the wrong sized wheels!!

Old August 27th 03, 10:02 PM
pete johnson

Default i bought the wrong sized wheels!!

i bought the wrong sized wheels!! what do i do now?
i bought a set of ARAYA TM820/STX RC ATB WHEels and though that i was buying
27 X 1 1/4 wheels.
will these wheels fit on my fuji bike or on my univega bike which take the
larger sized wheels?
why can't the catalog say these are 26 X 1 1/2 wheels?

pete

Old August 27th 03, 10:09 PM
S. Anderson

"pete johnson" wrote in message
i bought the wrong sized wheels!! what do i do now?
i bought a set of ARAYA TM820/STX RC ATB WHEels and though that i was

buying
27 X 1 1/4 wheels.
will these wheels fit on my fuji bike or on my univega bike which take the
larger sized wheels?
why can't the catalog say these are 26 X 1 1/2 wheels?

pete

In a word, no. You won't be able to use them. Sorry!

Scott..

Old August 28th 03, 02:37 AM
Luigi de Guzman

"pete johnson" wrote in message ...
i bought the wrong sized wheels!! what do i do now?
i bought a set of ARAYA TM820/STX RC ATB WHEels and though that i was buying
27 X 1 1/4 wheels.
will these wheels fit on my fuji bike or on my univega bike which take the
larger sized wheels?
why can't the catalog say these are 26 X 1 1/2 wheels?

pete

hey, you couldsend 'em along here, I have a kid brother with a
birthday coming up...
he's 14, hasn't ridden a 'proper' bike (as in, non-x*mart gaspipe)
ever, and I figure he might ride more (and with me!) if I built him up
something from good, used, donated, etc parts...

[it also allows me to improve my wrenching skills, which is a good
thing, right?]

*big grin*

it's for a good cause!

-Luigi

Big Brother is watching you.

-
Old August 28th 03, 02:39 AM
David L. Johnson

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:02:03 +0000, pete johnson wrote:

i bought the wrong sized wheels!! what do i do now?

Send them back?

i bought a set of
ARAYA TM820/STX RC ATB WHEels and though that i was buying 27 X 1 1/4
wheels.

Why would you think that? ATB = mountain bike. Anyone selling 27" wheels
is going to specifically label them as such.

will these wheels fit on my fuji bike or on my univega bike which take the
larger sized wheels?

No.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored
_`\(,_ | by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. --Ralph Waldo
(_)/ (_) | Emerson

Old August 28th 03, 04:09 PM
James Messick

"pete johnson" wrote in message
i bought the wrong sized wheels!! what do i do now?
i bought a set of ARAYA TM820/STX RC ATB WHEels and though that i was

buying
27 X 1 1/4 wheels.
will these wheels fit on my fuji bike or on my univega bike which take the
larger sized wheels?
why can't the catalog say these are 26 X 1 1/2 wheels?

Umm, it said "ATB Wheels", no? ATB=All Terrain Bike=Mountain Bike = 26"
wheels.