Drunk (or stoned) guys in a mini-van

Old March 15th 05, 05:30 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2005-03-15, max wrote:
In article ,
Preston Crawford wrote:

So yesterday a couple dudes passed me in a mini-van and the yokel in the
passenger seat starts yelling out clown music.

Admit it: you were riding a unicycle.

.max

Had I been riding one I would have understood the clown music. I wish I
had the talent to ride a unicycle. I once met a dude who commuted by
unicycle. It was amazing to watch him do a track stand.

Preston
Old March 15th 05, 05:33 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2005-03-15, Bob wrote:
Preston Crawford wrote:
Funny that in our culture (the US) you're a clown if you're on a

bike, but
you're cool if you drive a caravan.

Preston

Maybe it's rude to ask but, meaning no offense, why do you assume they
were mocking cyclists in general? Maybe in their drunken (or stoned)

Because there aren't many bikes out where I live, and I wasn't wearing
anything to attract attention to myself. T-shirt and shorts.

states they just saw something funny in your individual appearance. We
all get laughed at occasionally, cyclists or not. Don't take it so
seriously. It's not always a "culture" thing. Sometimes we all just
look ridiculous, especially to the drunken and the stoned.

I'm not taking it seriously. I'm just laughing back at them. In my world,
two adult men cruising around in a mini-van is clownish. I just found it
ironic. That's all.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

P.S.- I hope they had insurance if they actually pulled into your
apartment. ;-)

:-)

The complex....

Preston
Old March 15th 05, 05:34 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2005-03-15, RonSonic wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:48:58 -0600, Preston Crawford
wrote:

So yesterday a couple dudes passed me in a mini-van and the yokel in the
passenger seat starts yelling out clown music. They happened to pull into
my apartment and the driver apologized (sort of, he was bloodshot and
looked either baked or a little lit) for his friend. I said it wasn't a
problem, but what was more worthy of mocking, someone on a bike or two
men in a mini-van mocking someone on a bike.

Funny that in our culture (the US) you're a clown if you're on a bike, but
you're cool if you drive a caravan.

He whom the joke is upon never knows it.

Ron

That's what I was trying to impart. I'm glad SOMEONE got it. I wasn't mad.
I thought it was funny.

Preston
Old March 15th 05, 05:35 AM
Preston Crawford

On 2005-03-14, Veloise wrote:
Preston wrote:
Funny that in our culture (the US) you're a clown if you're on a

bike, but
you're cool if you drive a caravan.

Hey!!!!

--Karen M.
in a Plymouth Voyager, sometimes

It's okay. My other vehicle is a Ford Taurus. I don't consider that cool.
But I think it's cooler than a mini-van. :-)

Biking is cooler than both, though. Although maybe next time I should wear
a red nose.

Preston
Old March 15th 05, 06:11 AM
Bartow W. Riggs

I have seen this do cyclocross....

Old March 15th 05, 02:45 PM
RonSonic

wrote:

So yesterday a couple dudes passed me in a mini-van and the yokel in the
passenger seat starts yelling out clown music. They happened to pull into
my apartment and the driver apologized (sort of, he was bloodshot and
looked either baked or a little lit) for his friend. I said it wasn't a
problem, but what was more worthy of mocking, someone on a bike or two
men in a mini-van mocking someone on a bike.

Funny that in our culture (the US) you're a clown if you're on a bike, but
you're cool if you drive a caravan.

He whom the joke is upon never knows it.

Ron

That's what I was trying to impart. I'm glad SOMEONE got it. I wasn't mad.
I thought it was funny.

Preston

Sure, bong-boy makes an ass of himself and then homespud in the minivan tries to
be cool and uh, yeah, you should feel bad, uh, somehow.

Good to see you've got your sense of humor properly installed. It's the only way
to survive this planet.

Ron
Old March 15th 05, 02:47 PM
RonSonic

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 04:49:49 GMT, max wrote:

In article ,
Preston Crawford wrote:

So yesterday a couple dudes passed me in a mini-van and the yokel in the
passenger seat starts yelling out clown music.

Admit it: you were riding a unicycle.

Worse, a recumbent.

Ron

Old March 16th 05, 12:31 AM
Tom Sherman

Preston Crawford wrote:

So yesterday a couple dudes passed me in a mini-van and the yokel in the
passenger seat starts yelling out clown music.

Admit it: you were riding a unicycle.

Worse, a recumbent.

I am sorry you lack the self-esteem to use the superior mode of human
powered transport.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Illinois)