Lake Lewisville, TX?

Old March 15th 05, 04:53 PM
catzz66

Default Lake Lewisville, TX?

Going to be up there this weekend near Frisco. Can anyone recommend
some bike trails for a 10-15 mile ride?
Old March 15th 05, 08:47 PM
Escher

"Bike trails" is a little vague, but I'll try.

If you're just looking for a flat, easy pedal, there's the Ray Roberts
Greenbelt trail. It's double track, packed gravel, about 10 miles in
total. Head north to US-380, then west to within a couple miles of
Denton. You'll pass Rock Hill Road on your right, then cross the
bridge. A short distance after, you'll see a sign for the greenbelt
corridor park, and turn right into the parking lot for the trailhead.
$5 fee. You can make a 10-mile ride of it by heading north to the
SH-428 trailhead and coming back, or 20 miles to SH-455 trailhead at
Lake Ray Roberts and back.

For single track mountain bike trails, there's the Northshore trail at
Lake Grapevine and Erwin Park in McKinney, which are both good,
challenging trails. Check www.dorba.org for directions and trail
conditions.

Old March 15th 05, 10:12 PM
catzz66

Escher wrote:
"Bike trails" is a little vague, but I'll try.

If you're just looking for a flat, easy pedal, there's the Ray Roberts
Greenbelt trail. It's double track, packed gravel, about 10 miles in
total. Head north to US-380, then west to within a couple miles of
Denton. You'll pass Rock Hill Road on your right, then cross the
bridge. A short distance after, you'll see a sign for the greenbelt
corridor park, and turn right into the parking lot for the trailhead.
$5 fee. You can make a 10-mile ride of it by heading north to the
SH-428 trailhead and coming back, or 20 miles to SH-455 trailhead at
Lake Ray Roberts and back.

For single track mountain bike trails, there's the Northshore trail at
Lake Grapevine and Erwin Park in McKinney, which are both good,
challenging trails. Check www.dorba.org for directions and trail
conditions.

Thanks. I can go either road or mtb, so it does not matter as long as I
can get to it fairly quickly. I am actually going to be close to Arbor
Hills, Plano, but it is short and anyhow seems to be still under
construction according to www.dorba.org. It does not seem like there is
anything similar to White Rock Lake loop or the White Rock Creek trail
up on Lewisville, though I have not had time to really scout it out yet.