Embarrasing bike pants question

Old March 27th 05, 07:50 PM

Default Embarrasing bike pants question

Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?

Old March 27th 05, 08:14 PM

They're called "pickle pants" for a reason. If you're embarassed put a
sock in there to increase the bulge.

Old March 27th 05, 09:35 PM
maxo

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:50:26 -0800, miscellaneousmedia wrote:

Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?

could be or perhaps you just need to get used to them. You can get special
undershorts made from nice wicking material that fit bike shorts nicely
and increase your emotional comfort level.

I've had a guy yell at me (I'm in the southern US) "Does your momma know
you wear them shorts?" from a front porch of a shotgun shack. I took it as
a compliment. :P

Old March 27th 05, 09:46 PM

Fortunately I have the opposite problem. I'm walking around like I have
a zucchini in my pants. I don't see this only other bikers. How do they
hide it?

Old March 27th 05, 09:47 PM

So, a jock is not the answer?

Old March 28th 05, 12:57 AM
Chris Neary

So Ron, what color shorts do you recommend?

Not red.

REF: http://www.davezilla.com/index.php?p=126

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh
Old March 28th 05, 01:47 AM
Claire Petersky

"Chris Neary" wrote in message
So Ron, what color shorts do you recommend?

Not red.

May I also argue against silver? My husband had a pair of silver bib shorts.
I did a metric century with him in the rain, and the bike he was riding
didn't have fenders. A great deal of muddy water got kicked up on to the
rear of his shorts. Not only did the silver fabric turn transparent, but the
mud looked like...well...it was not a pretty picture.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: