The Circle of Life :-)

Old May 27th 05, 01:23 AM

Default The Circle of Life :-)

i first rode a trike more than 50 years ago. then onto a bicycle. then
onto a motorcycle. **then really quick back to a bicycle**. then a lot
of years of bad life styles. and now, at 57, seriously overweight, four
years post-stroke (did something to my left ear and my balance), and i
just bought another trike. a Sun EZ-3 SX. blue. and it cost just a tad
more than that first trike!!

anybody else out there who has taken up triking in an attempt to get a
little closer to their normal life expectancy??

actually, anyone on this group can help me with suggesting warm-up
exercises to keep my thighs from cramping and to keep the arches of my
feet from getting sore.

also, i need to equip this sucker with MIRRORS!!! i don't remember
being so paranoid about who or what was behind me, but i think drivers
have developed the sport of "sideswipe the cycylist" since the last
time i rode in traffic. (maybe i could equip my stead with a steel pole
topped by a fake M-60 machine gun.) what will be the best way to pimp
out the EZ-3 with mirrors and lights??

finally, i need to get a carrier for the back of my jeep wrangler that
has a 2" hitch receiver, but also has the spare mounted on the back of
the tailgate. i think maybe one of those 4-bike carriers would carry
the trike with clearance for the tire.

if anyone has any ideas or suggestion, let 'em fly.

martin caskey
millers island, maryland

Old May 27th 05, 05:11 AM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
also, i need to equip this sucker with MIRRORS!!! i don't remember
being so paranoid about who or what was behind me, but i think drivers
have developed the sport of "sideswipe the cycylist" since the last
time i rode in traffic. (maybe i could equip my stead with a steel pole
topped by a fake M-60 machine gun.) what will be the best way to pimp
out the EZ-3 with mirrors and lights??

The most important thing you can do on your new trike is to find safe roads
and streets on which to ride. You do not want to ride in heavy urban
traffic. It is dangerous to do so on a low to the ground trike. It is best
to ride your trike on roads and streets that have enough space for you
without having to get in the roadway of traffic. Never, I repeat never, hold
up motor vehicle traffic. That is the best way I know to get yourself
killed.

Attach a special rear view mirror to your helmet in order to see what is
coming up behind you. It is best not to ride at night unless the streets are
very well lit and the traffic is light. It is always better to be safe than
sorry.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 28th 05, 02:05 AM
John Halliburton

actually, anyone on this group can help me with suggesting warm-up
exercises to keep my thighs from cramping and to keep the arches of my
feet from getting sore.

Bicycle specific shoes, and if needed, insoles that provide the needed arch
support. Your feet could be sore just from wearing soft soled shoes(ie.,
athletic shoes of a running nature). For the thighs, keep riding, and drink
plenty of water, starting before each ride.

Best regards,

John