Another jealous driver complains

Old December 23rd 11, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Another jealous driver complains

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/jealous.jpg

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to respond to Mr McLean who complains about cyclists
causing congestion on Spring Bank and that they should take their
place in the queue like car drivers have to. Is he serious? If every
cyclist in the city sat behind the car in front, then the line of cars
would be far, far longer. By filtering out of the way, then drivers
are only held up by their fellow motorists as cyclist ride off into
the distance totally unaffected by the traffic

One of the most congested roads into central Hull is Clive Sullivan
Way and I don’t think I have ever met a single cyclist using that
road, so I am not sure why the traffic backs up to Sainsbury’s nearly
every day? Surely he can’t blame cyclists for the crawling mass of
vehicles down there on a morning at rush hour?

The problem with a lot of drivers is that they have a very poor
attention span and will try to squeeze past a cyclist at all costs,
often too close, only to find themselves up the rear bumper of the car
a few yards up the road. At which point, the same cyclist they have
passed goes by them again. It would be far less stressful to simply
wait behind the cyclist as there is no time advantage to be gained in
passing the cyclist in the first place.

Even professionals like bus drivers fall into the same trap. On my
website (www.simonmason.karoo.co.uk) I have a whole series of videos
showing the way drivers pass me by, only to get stuck behind a car a
few yards further on. On that page, you can also see a bus driver come
alongside me in the overtaking lane on Anlaby Road and then try and
move into my lane as though I am simply not there and can simply
magically dematerialise. After he gets stuck, I simply ride past
dozens of stationary cars all the way to the green box at the head of
the queue.

Finally, I note that Mr McLean lives in Cottingham which is only a 30
minute bike ride into town which will be much faster than his car
journey, save money, get him fit and remove the stress of sitting in
traffic jams watching cyclists go by while he shuffles along at
walking pace.

Yours,
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 23/12/2011 16:45, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

You forgot to mention the fact that you see your encounters with motor cars
as battles in some war of your own imagination, as you told everyone here a
couple of weeks ago.

Old December 23rd 11, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"JNugent" wrote in message
[...]

No, no, no.
Simon, you said that racing a car on your bike was a game. You did say that
Simon.
BTW, have a nice Christmas and a belting 2012.
I may not agree with you some of the time; but I'm not a **** and neither
are you :-)

Old December 23rd 11, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 4:45*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
Even professionals like bus drivers fall into the same trap. On my
website (www.simonmason.karoo.co.uk) I have a whole series of videos
showing the way drivers pass me by, only to get stuck behind a car a
few yards further on.

Good job I checked that link.
I cocked it up - it is http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/
I just let the local rag know.

--
Simon Mason

Old December 23rd 11, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 7:52*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Dec 23, 4:45 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Even professionals like bus drivers fall into the same trap. On my
website (www.simonmason.karoo.co.uk) I have a whole series of videos
showing the way drivers pass me by, only to get stuck behind a car a
few yards further on.

Good job I checked that link.
I cocked it up - it ishttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/
I just let the local rag know.

--
Simon Mason

Wot?

The link I sent to the local rag was incorrect meaning that readers of
the paper would not be able to see my videos.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_11_]

====================================

What a load of ******** from you Mason. As usual.

Old December 23rd 11, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 23, 6:07*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

BTW, have a nice Christmas and a belting 2012.
I may not agree with you some of the time; but I'm not a **** and neither
are you :-)

Same to you, Mr P.
You did not have to use a very naughty word though - it was uncalled
for.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 23rd 11, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Dec 23, 6:07 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

BTW, have a nice Christmas and a belting 2012.
I may not agree with you some of the time; but I'm not a **** and neither
are you :-)

Same to you, Mr P.
You did not have to use a very naughty word though - it was uncalled
for.

--
Simon Mason

Why has my word offended you?
It was only a very small word. It was only a word. It was only text on a
screen.

Old December 23rd 11, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

BTW, have a nice Christmas and a belting 2012.
I may not agree with you some of the time; but I'm not a **** and neither
are you :-)

Same to you, Mr P.
You did not have to use a very naughty word though - it was uncalled
for.

--
Simon Mason

Why has my word offended you?
It was only a very small word. It was only a word. It was only text on a
screen.

So was this - very mild comments indeed and look what happened.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...book_1_4089248
--
Simon Mason