Racing category question

Old June 25th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Racing category question

I'm 50 and I'm doing quite well in a regional, non-uscf time trial series.
Thought I'd try my hand at a sanctioned USCF race. Technically, I'm a Cat.
5. Am I allowed to race Masters 50+ (which is an available category for the
race I'm doing). Again, this is a time trial and not a road race.

Been to the USACycling.org website. Can't find the answer there.

Thanks for any help.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Old June 26th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 6/25/06 12:21 PM, in article ,
"psycholist" wrote:

I'm 50 and I'm doing quite well in a regional, non-uscf time trial series.
Thought I'd try my hand at a sanctioned USCF race. Technically, I'm a Cat.
5. Am I allowed to race Masters 50+ (which is an available category for the
race I'm doing). Again, this is a time trial and not a road race.

Been to the USACycling.org website. Can't find the answer there.

Thanks for any help.

Check with the promoter!
Most Master's races are for 1-4

Old June 26th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Old June 26th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

ST wrote:

Check with the promoter!

Before that, check the official race announcement.

Most Master's races are for 1-4

That all depends where you are; many simply specify "Masters 35+", and
that lets anyone in. "USCF Masters 35+" lets in all categories except
citizens.