Embarrasing bike pants question

Old March 29th 05, 01:48 AM
maxo

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:17:49 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:46:14 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
wrote in message
:

Nothing like a good laugh before a ride! Gets the rib cage opened up for
the first ascent.

Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open all
the time...

Guy

I'm getting a wierd vision of a chest spreader and a mobile bypass
operation.

Bicycles and open heart surgery, beats a Chinese circus any day.

Old March 29th 05, 05:10 PM
maxo

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:50:26 -0800, miscellaneousmedia wrote:

Do I need a jock or cup under bicycle shorts. If I go naked I get the
David Lee Roth effect -- big time, pardon the pun. Even with a jock ...
Are the pants just too small then?

What about just getting a pair of slightly baggy mtb shorts and be done
with it?

Old March 29th 05, 08:26 PM
Veloise

nickravo wrote:
Gotcha. I think that's the issue. These are bright blue.

Speaking of bright blue...the League of Michigan Bicyclists annual
poster calendar includes a photo of someone who needs to read the "wear
black" post.

www.lmb.org, send 'em a buck or two for postage.

--Karen M.

Old March 30th 05, 02:52 AM
bbaka

jgfjgh wrote:
In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!

Double yuck!

It is partly a modesty thing but in some weird way practical.

I was watching the Olympics many years back and caught the live feed of
a female high diver on the underwater camera. She lost her bottom half
of the bikini suit she had on and her pubic patch went right in front of
the underwater camera, live and international. She was definitely not a
blond. Someone else must remember this besides me as it has since caused
some stir as to how the swimming/diving is broadcast. That image is
burned onto my memory but I can't remember what year or what I was doing
or even where. Better than checking out guys in too tight shorts which I
do not do.

Bill Baka
Old March 30th 05, 06:24 PM
Veloise

jgfjgh wrote:
In Japan the ladies wear underwear under their swim suits!

As does the male cover model for the May issue of Bicycling.

--Karen M.
VPL!

Old March 30th 05, 08:46 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:48:36 GMT, maxo wrote in
message :

Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open all
the time...

I'm getting a wierd vision of a chest spreader and a mobile bypass
operation.

Heh! No, just a garden-variety SWB semi-lowracer.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old March 31st 05, 01:40 AM
Tom Sherman

Guy Chapman wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:48:36 GMT, maxo wrote in
message :

Who needs it? I have a bike which allows me to keep the rib cage open all
the time...

I'm getting a wierd vision of a chest spreader and a mobile bypass
operation.

Heh! No, just a garden-variety SWB semi-lowracer.

In western Europe it may be garden variety, but in North America Optima
bicycles are rather rare.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old April 2nd 05, 11:07 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:40:31 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote in message
:

In western Europe it may be garden variety, but in North America Optima
bicycles are rather rare.

Hey, there are easily three recumbents in my town (population around
150,000).

Old April 2nd 05, 08:24 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Hey, there are easily three recumbents in my town (population around
150,000).

Guy

Hey, there are easily three recumbents in my town (population around
7200); however preliminary investigation shows that all three are owned
by me.

Wearing baggy shorts to prevent shock and awe.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Americans are broad-minded people. They'll accept the fact that a
person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a
newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive there's something wrong with him."
Art Buchwald

Old April 3rd 05, 04:42 AM
sterling

They don't hide it. Either they don't have it, or they have it and
don't worry about hiding it. Remember, half the world has pretty much
what you have; the other half has already seen three or four or more,
or wants to. People who are uncomfortable about seeing or having "a
zucchini" are the maladjusted ones who are obsessing about what is
natural. I understand: I have a zucchini too. Please, relax about the
issue; elevate your attention. Focus on the beauty of man and
machine.You have no responsibility for the thoughts of others.
P.S. Those who think black is the only color for bike shorts are
possibly obsessing!