Old cycling pictures/ postcards

Old September 12th 03, 08:10 PM
MSA

Default Old cycling pictures/ postcards

I want to frame some prints for my wall, and thought that a cycling
theme would be nice for a change. Any ideas as to where in the UK I
might be able to find some nice b/w postcards (preferable racing, but
would consider others) that I could frame? Also bigger prints would be
nice for the odd framed picture here and there.

Ideas on the back of a postcard :-) Alternatively, post here...by the
time I hopefully receive some replies I would have worked this Gravity
News reader out!

Thanks in advance

Mark (MSA)
Old September 12th 03, 09:29 PM
Tony W

"MSA" wrote in message
m...
I want to frame some prints for my wall, and thought that a cycling
theme would be nice for a change. Any ideas as to where in the UK I
might be able to find some nice b/w postcards (preferable racing, but
would consider others) that I could frame? Also bigger prints would be
nice for the odd framed picture here and there.

Ideas on the back of a postcard :-) Alternatively, post here...by the
time I hopefully receive some replies I would have worked this Gravity
News reader out!

turn over postcard/

ebay?

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=42 0

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=42 389

Old September 12th 03, 10:03 PM
MSA

In article ,
says...
ebay?

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=42 0

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=42 389

Yes, I had browsed eBay and marked a few items to watch. Didn't think
about tobacco cards though, will have to start looking with that as a
search word. I guess you can buy specific mounts for framing cigarette
cards?...any collectors out there that can advise?

Thanks for the links Tony
Old September 13th 03, 03:57 PM
Allan Nelson

If there's anything here that takes your fancy, feel free to take a copy...

http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/cycl...ycra/index.htm

If you want any of them 'bigger' drop me a line.

Cheeers... Allan.

~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra

m...