National Park fees for bicycles?

Old July 20th 09, 05:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
20cents

Default National Park fees for bicycles?

I have wondered for some time about fees for bicycles entering national
parks. I am specifically addressing the act of riding a (pedal) bike
into a park rather than driving in with a bike in/on a motor vehicle.

NSW National Parks advice about fees charged to enter states:

"Day passes relate to vehicles, not to people, so you only need to pay
for each vehicle you bring into the park (including motorbikes)."

In theory, this would indicate that bicycles should pay the entrance fee
but I am unaware of any park that charges bikes an entrance fee.

Does anybody in NSW have a different experience?

What is the policy and procedure in other states?

regards,
20cents
Old July 20th 09, 11:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tony F

On Jul 20, 2:54*pm, 20cents wrote:
I have wondered for some time about fees for bicycles entering national
parks. I am specifically addressing the act of riding a (pedal) bike
into a park rather than driving in with a bike in/on a motor vehicle.

NSW National Parks advice about fees charged to enter states:

"Day passes relate to vehicles, not to people, so you only need to pay
for each vehicle you bring into the park (including motorbikes)."

In theory, this would indicate that bicycles should pay the entrance fee
but I am unaware of any park that charges bikes an entrance fee.

Does anybody in NSW have a different experience?

What is the policy and procedure in other states?

Never been charged a fee to enter NSW NPs unless I was in/on a vehicle
with a motor.

Tony F
Old July 27th 09, 09:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Keogh

Tony F wrote:
On Jul 20, 2:54 pm, 20cents wrote:
I have wondered for some time about fees for bicycles entering national
parks. I am specifically addressing the act of riding a (pedal) bike
into a park rather than driving in with a bike in/on a motor vehicle.

NSW National Parks advice about fees charged to enter states:

"Day passes relate to vehicles, not to people, so you only need to pay
for each vehicle you bring into the park (including motorbikes)."

In theory, this would indicate that bicycles should pay the entrance fee
but I am unaware of any park that charges bikes an entrance fee.

Does anybody in NSW have a different experience?

What is the policy and procedure in other states?

Never been charged a fee to enter NSW NPs unless I was in/on a vehicle
with a motor.

Tony F

Agreed. Ridden into KNP at the Thredbo entrance several times without
even being asked to slow down :-)
Old July 28th 09, 07:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Patrick Keogh wrote:
Tony F wrote:
[...]

I'm suprised that there is no park fee per person, like buses.